I've had a Dean Deciever X for a couple months and I honestly don't like pickups at all. All I know is that they're DMT design pickups, but I have no further specs then that. Would it be a good thing to switch the pickups out for a better set?
If you know you don't like them, sure. Are you sure it's the pickups and not your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^That. What amp are you playing the guitar through?

I tried to look them up but I have no idea which DMT's are loaded in the Deceiver X's. I've been impressed with the Dean DMT's I've played, their Time Capsule is one of my favorite neck pickups on the market.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I have 2 amps. I have a Marshall 4x12 cabinet running through an Orange Dark Terror head and a Peavey ValveKing Royal 8.
sweet, should be fine.

maybe email dean to see what specs they'll give you on them? Just to see. If you know what you're starting out from it can help you to narrow down where you want to get to (though obviously if they're just not that great the spec won't help all that much).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?