So I pulled out my old Peavey PV115 D out of the garage to see if it was still working properly. I have a 1/8" cable running out of my MacBook Pro's headphone jack into a 1/4" adapter that plugs into the back of my Peavey PV 115D's input. When I play music from iTunes, sound is only coming out of the Tweeter and it sounds like there is a flange effect, it sounds tinny, and it is not playing in full stereo. Is there something wrong with the speaker or am I supposed to run music through an audio interface first instead of plugging my computer directly into the speaker?

I am planning on selling this unit, so I would like to know if something is wrong with it or not so I don't rip somebody off
Last edited by chronic_stp at Feb 19, 2014,
If all the cables are good, it should work.

Is your cable TRS and is the adapter TRS?

You will not get stereo out of a single 1x15 cab, you need 2 for that. You should still be getting a full signal to the speaker but in Mono.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
1/8" coming out of macbook pro is TRS, goes into a 1/8" TRS extender cable to 1/4" TRS adapter. What I meant is I am only hearing what would be coming out of the left side, it is like whatever is panned right in the mix is not playing. Vocals sound like they are at the end of a long tunnel with an echo
Quote by chronic_stp
1/8" coming out of macbook pro is TRS, goes into a 1/8" TRS extender cable to 1/4" TRS adapter. What I meant is I am only hearing what would be coming out of the left side, it is like whatever is panned right in the mix is not playing. Vocals sound like they are at the end of a long tunnel with an echo

can you post a pic.

It should work, if all the signal is being sent (I would think). But it may be splitting the signal and your only getting 1/2 the signal (which seems like the case if your getting sound)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah I'd think it would work with what you have. Shoot Peavey an email or give them a call they will help give you a definite answer.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate