One of my students is very interested in a looper for practice purposes. I did some research and the digitch jamman express looper seemed one of the few he can afford.

Can anyone say whether this will be adequate for an amateur practicingplaying lead over chords?
A Zoom G3 would only cost a lil more and it has a better looper (2 switches) and is crammed with many more very usable practice features.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
my jamman is great and its pretty simple if you just want to practice with it, but you can get lot more out of it if you hoose to use it on a gig. i have the jamman delay (yea weird) but i was calling M123 to order the four button one and he tole me the one with the delays on it were cheaper than the starndard because it was a call in special.

i really like it. its got some form of computer compatibility but i don't use that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I would definitely take a look at the TC Electronic Ditto as well. Not the greatest in a band setting where you need to create and delete and overdub loops with precision, but as a phrase trainer, which is what your student seems to be after, it works quite well. It only has the one button as well, which is a good and a bad thing.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Has anyone had any noise issues with the jamman or the ditto? I want to use a daisy chain, but I hear I can get a bit of a hiss.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
best to use an isolated power supply with everything.
FTFY.

Anyway, I'd get the JamMan XT over the ditto anytime.
The XT's stereo and you can daisy chain with other XTs you may get in the future to have more control over your looping and it has leds indicating what's going one, while the ditto only has one.
Apart from this, they're the same thing.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.