I have a TC hall of fame that I use for my reverb. I generally boost my amp with a ts9 for my gain tones. Whenever I kick on the reverb, there is a pretty nasty amount of noise that comes back when it reverberates. I have the reverb after the ts9 in my signal chain. Should it be elsewhere? (This is all in front of the amp)

Secondary question, I can't quite figure out my FX loop. I have a VHT special 6 ultra and when I put my reverb, chorus, and phase 90 in the loop as well as running those into my mxr noise clamp. I don't remember how exactly I was running it but (prepare for a stupid question) what do I put through send and return? I mean that as which side goes into the input of my pedal and which goes into the output. Also, If i'd had that backwards could that have caused any problems with my fx loop?
well, what amp are you using and how do you have it set? time based FX like reverb generally dont like to go before distortion. if your amp has a dirty channel, that means you are running your reverb into your amp, before your distorted preamp. it may sound "garbled" or not clear. this is why FX loops were invented, to ensure FX went AFTER the preamp.

it is no different than your guitar to your amp. you have a chain of FX. there is a start to that chain and an end. an order.

the SEND means OUT of the preamp (and into your FX in order you want them) and the RETURN is BACK INTO THE POWER amp. so that means the end of your FX chain back to the amp.

what helps me, is my send and return cables are 2 different color. or have 2 different jacks. helps me not mix up the cables.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Sounds to me like you're overdriving the input. Put it in the loop - and keep the send volume down. Basically, adjust the level to below where it distorts.

Amp send to pedal in, pedal out to return.

And ikey, that's not why FX loops were invented. They were invented in the 80's to cope with the way guitarists were starting to use studio rack effects which, at the time, all needed line level inputs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
oh well....yeah that. and to have effects after the preamp? perhaps just part of the reason?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
After the preamp - to get the level up. That was the "invention." The way that delay and chorus etc sound better in the loop when there is distortion from the preamp was an unexpected discovery after the event. Nobody talked about that shit until a long time after loops appeared. Loops were originally there for things like Lexicon reverbs and such.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification