Hey all, Quick question...

I'm looking to run some delay and reverb in my MAZ's FX Loop. I understand I need a buffer for this and plan on buying a T1M buffer for my board out front and for the FX Loop. I've noticed T1M do a specific buffer for the maz loop but my question is, would one of their standard mini buffers marked at $39 work the same?

And i assume it would be connected to the amp like this: Send Jack - short cable - Buffer - Long cable to pedal board - Delay - Reverb - Cable - Return Jack. I assume no buffer is required to be attached on the return cable? Or am I wrong?

I've emailed Dan from T1M but had not response and i'm looking to buy within a few days so was seeking advice from anyone who has experience!

Thanks so much!
Gear:

- Martin 00-18V
- Fender Tele (Sunburst)
- Fender Strat (Candy Apple Red)
- Goldtone CC Banjitar
- Appalachian Strings 'The Woodrow' Dulcimer
- DR Z MAZ 38 Senior NR Head
- DR Z 1x12 Cab x 2
well that could be right. depends in the reverb and delay you buy. do they have buffers? you only need so many. for example, i have TC HOF reverb (PGS trinity version) and the flashback in my loop. i dont find anything wrong with keeping it set to buffer. i dont see a loss in tone, so why not.

those pedals are also offering a "buffing" effect, weither it be as good or transparent as a T1M buffer i dont know. but after my signal goes out of that TC pedal, i should hope the signal is now low impedance all teh way back to the amp from my board.

if i wanted a buffer on the amp, and i had a TC, i would say i am buffered to teh board and then buffered from the TC back to the amp.

in reality, i am sure if you have high quality pedals, the 1 T1M buffer on the amp should create a strong, low impedance signal that can drive your whole loop just fine.

many people will argue this, but too many bufferes can be bad. or perhaps they can be good. david gilmours custom pete cornish stuff was buffered out the ying yang. he had good tone.....
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Sounds as though you have the same set up as myself - what i'm looking to do is:

Outfront:

Guitar - T1M Buffer - Poltune 2 - Dunlop MC404 Wah - Wampler Ego Comp - Akai OD (going to be changed shortly to a mosfet fd2) - Wampler paisley Drive - MXR 10 BAND EQ - ISP Decimator 2 - Dr Z Maz 38 NR

Loop -

Dr Z Amp - T1M Mini BUFFER - Hal Of Fame Reverb - Flashback Delay - Amp

If i have set any of these pedals in wrong places please let me know. But essentially i was looking to buffer both front and back of amp. Independently of the built in buffers in the TC Pedals.
Gear:

- Martin 00-18V
- Fender Tele (Sunburst)
- Fender Strat (Candy Apple Red)
- Goldtone CC Banjitar
- Appalachian Strings 'The Woodrow' Dulcimer
- DR Z MAZ 38 Senior NR Head
- DR Z 1x12 Cab x 2
im not really sure you can go wrong, and im 100% sure the T1M buffer is better than most things built into pedals.

however, if it way my rig and my money, i may not do it. i would forgo the loop buffer. the send from the amp really shouldnt need a buffer. many amps have a tube driven or even a driven (solid state) FX loop of some sorts. perhaps dr Z doesnt, i get that those amps are ultra pure and free of extraneous BS, which makes them so good. however, i know nothing about the inner workings of thier circuit. but again, the signal is coming out of the preamp - i would imagine in most cases its pretty darn strong and clear.

if the signal is strong, buffered, and low impedance, long cable runs should basically be a non issue. but, even if it was an issue, the TC pedals should do the rest of the work. i have BOTH of those pedals, they do a great job. i LOVE them. great value. good quality for what you pay.

up front? - probably the better move. however, you may want to do a bit of research on those pedals. for example, most "standard" wahs have buffers in them. crappy ones. but they do. the MC404 is upgraded and probably "true bypass". so perhaps not. true bypass can mean a lot of things these days. half of companies are just talking trash.

i would bet my bottom dollar the ISP decimator has a buffer in it. and that is last in the chain.

so driving from guitar through 6 pedals? yeah perhaps a buffer up front would be good, especially if many pedals are true bypass.

the way i see it, you may have a buffer in the wah, buffer in the decimator, buffer in the TC. you may be okay as it is.

2 questions i dont know:

- how many of those pedals have buffers in them (and how good are they?)

and what happens if you put a GREAT bugger up front, and then run the signal chain into crappy buffers - does the first good buffer save the signal from the crappy buffer it is running into?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)