Hey, I have a Squire Stratocaster which I am in the process of doing a complete overhaul on. One of the upgrades is to replace the stock single coil pickups with a pair of humbuckers, as my budget is pretty tight and I am literally replacing everything except the wood the guitar is made from I decided that some cheap pickups from Axes'r'Us might be worth a shot. I have listened to the sound samples and they sound pretty decent, but you don't know how much production the samples went through during the recording process.

Anyone here tried them out for themselves? How are they?

Mostly play Metal, Prog and Blues.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Hey, I have a Squire Stratocaster which I am in the process of doing a complete overhaul on. One of the upgrades is to replace the stock single coil pickups with a pair of humbuckers, as my budget is pretty tight and I am literally replacing everything except the wood the guitar is made from I decided that some cheap pickups from Axes'r'Us might be worth a shot. I have listened to the sound samples and they sound pretty decent, but you don't know how much production the samples went through during the recording process.

Anyone here tried them out for themselves? How are they?

Mostly play Metal, Prog and Blues.

Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing you're in the UK. A lot of people have been happy with these..

http://www.irongear.co.uk/
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Just checking these out, they look awesome! thanks man, think I will be getting some of the actives

No prob.. Let us know how it works out for you.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
While I understand you've already formulated your plans, I'm curious why you didn't do this simpler and go with single-coil size humbuckers, either the rail type or the stacked (or actives, if that's what you're going to end up with)?
Quote by dspellman
While I understand you've already formulated your plans, I'm curious why you didn't do this simpler and go with single-coil size humbuckers, either the rail type or the stacked (or actives, if that's what you're going to end up with)?

I am also replacing the scratch plate to a tortoise shell one with cutouts for dual humbucker setup, the body already has routing for humbuckers so I figured I might as well just go for full sized humbuckers since they sound beefier , unless single coil sized humbuckers have got a lot better since last I checked.