Hey, I know there are several systems to quickly switch between pedals and amps (like voodoolab switch), but I need the best easiest solution possible. I just need to quickly switch between my clean channel (boss chorus, clean amp) and the distortion channel (mxr m116, crybaby wah, other amp or same amp) with the push of a button. It's a bit confusing on stage, to press 3 pedals to switch from clean to distortion!
Quote by Badmotorfingers
what amp do you have?

I have a peavey envoy 110. I think of using it with different settings for clean and use another amp for distortion
maybe I'm missing something but I don't know how an outboard switcher will help you using that amp.... The Envoy has a low and a high input and has two footswitchable channels, right?

A switcher (like the boss AB-2) has one input (for your guitar) and two outputs (for two different amps or the same amp with two independant channels like the VOX AC30C2 for example)

Where exactly would you plug in your two outputs? Why don't you use the footswitch that came with the amp?

EDIT: Ok I think I got what you want... You want your two signal chains to run into the clean channel of your amp and be able to switch through them with one button.

Maybe there's a simpler way but if you get an AB switch (like the boss I mentioned above) to separate your guitar signal (it would be your first pedal your guitar cable reaches) you can then use an ABY switch like this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/morley-aby-channel-switcher

and ALWAYS leave it on the A and B setting after your pedal chains and going into the amp. That way your first AB pedal is going to let you decide which chain it's using.

However this is pretty complicated... Especially considering it's going into a practice amp. How much stage time are you really using that thing for?

My advice would be to save the hundred twenty or so dollars you would have used on those switchers, save like a hundred more, then sell your amp and buy a proper tube amp with two good channels. You'll have the footswitch to go between clean and dirt and you'd just need to turn off your chorus.

SECOND EDIT (This is getting hard to follow, right?): If you're using a second amp for dirt, you only need the first AB box right after your guitar and the pedal chain starts after each output on the way to its respective amp. However I still think you'd be better off with one good amp rather than with two mediocre amps with an overly complicated pedal setup.
Last edited by flexiblemile at Feb 20, 2014,
Quote by flexiblemile
maybe I'm missing something but I don't know how an outboard switcher will help you using that amp.... The Envoy has a low and a high input and has two footswitchable channels, right?

A switcher (like the boss AB-2) has one input (for your guitar) and two outputs (for two different amps or the same amp with two independant channels like the VOX AC30C2 for example)

Where exactly would you plug in your two outputs? Why don't you use the footswitch that came with the amp?

The reason
The reason I don't use a footswitch is because I use a chorus pedal for clean. My amp doesn't have any effects on it and its lead channel sucks, so I'd rather use a switcher.
Quote by flexiblemile
what's the amp you're going to use for dirt?

I don't have a second amp for the moment, I'm just going to use the amp that will be at the place I'll play