I'm trying to find a good choir plugin to spice up my band's music a bit. I've tried researching different programs, but most of the information I'm finding is from old posts which makes my question the accuracy of the content. I'm admittedly not too familiar with plugins, so I know that there will be a learning curve here. Some of the information has just been hard for me to decipher.

Here are the programs that I've heard of so far:

EW Symphonic Choirs
VOXOS Epic Virtual Choirs
8DIO Requiem Professional

Are there any good programs that I should be researching?

At first, Symphonic Choirs was the obvious choice for me, because I love the Word Builder feature. That being said, I've read that the installation process is a nightmare, and many people have had issues even getting the Word Builder feature to work (many have mentioned needing to buy a loop-back driver). This obviously scares me since that's the main thing I'm looking for. Also, I've heard that this feature doesn't work in Ableton, which is what I use. I'd be willing to change programs if necessary, but it's supposed to work with Ableton, so I'm not sure why some people have had issues.

I haven't done enough research on the other two programs to know how they compare yet, but EWSC seems as though it would be perfect if I knew I could get they word builder to work properly.

If anyone has had experience with these, or other similar programs I would really appreciate any insight that you could provide. As I said, many of the reviews/forums that I got my information from were pretty old, so maybe the kinks in EWSC have been worked out now?

Thank you in advance!
Sonokinetic's would be my choice, have a look at that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Symphonic Choirs is beyond amazing once you get past the steep learning curve. (though not as steep as some people make it out to be)
If you're going to use the wordbuilder feature and have a powerful (!) computer, get SC.
xFilth: have you had good experiences with the word-builder? If so, what recording software did you use it with? I wonder if the issues that people post about are partly due to incompatible software, and not necessarily SC issues?
Quote by bp1980s
xFilth: have you had good experiences with the word-builder? If so, what recording software did you use it with? I wonder if the issues that people post about are partly due to incompatible software, and not necessarily SC issues?

I use it as both stand-alone and with Reaper, but it will work with any DAW. You do need to get a little extra piece of software, a virtual midi cable, in order to connect the wordbuilder application and the DAW/SC application. It's really not a big deal and there's definitely not a software problem, only a user error problem.
Quote by xFilth
I use it as both stand-alone and with Reaper, but it will work with any DAW. You do need to get a little extra piece of software, a virtual midi cable, in order to connect the wordbuilder application and the DAW/SC application. It's really not a big deal and there's definitely not a software problem, only a user error problem.

Good to know. That makes me feel a lot more confident.

Thanks!