Page 1 of 21
Well civil war may be. Things are getting a lot like in Egypt a few years ago.
I searched and found nothing.

So yeah what do you people think about the situation in Ukraine? Today police has started using actual guns on people, AK 47, AK 74, sniper rifles, shotguns, etc.

Discuss?
It's ****ed up, it's not like Ukraine's a 3rd world country either.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

just waiting for the red army to step. if Ukraine doesn't solve it soonish I'd assume Putin does. As soon as the olympics are done. Russia wants revenge as they didn't win the hockey now.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
So far I've heard there's been over 70 deaths, most of them civilians. Just yesterday everyone was talking about how there had been a truce an everything was going to be alright and then it had just imploded when I woke up this morning.
I think it's disturbing how little attention it's been given until the past few days. And even then people are more focused on the Olympics, which is daft even as a huge sports fan.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Russia is going to put their fist on this when the olympics are over. If they surrounded the Olympics with 100,000+ military soldiers you can expect a lot more than that in Ukraine. The EU or the USA is not going to touch this. It'll just be all talk and sanctions. I see Russia getting brutal and shutting this down quickly.
Quote by WaterGod
So far I've heard there's been over 70 deaths, most of them civilians. Just yesterday everyone was talking about how there had been a truce an everything was going to be alright and then it had just imploded when I woke up this morning.

i read 100 today and 25 yesterday. might be wrong. might have been 70ish today.
The Leader of the opposition is 6'7" former boxing HW champ Vitali Klitschko.

If you've ever seen videos of political meetings in Ukraine, shit gets pretty crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GohzIRYm9M8
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Trowzaa
It's ****ed up, it's not like Ukraine's a 3rd world country either.

2nd world.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Clearly this whole situation has been orchestrated by Putin. He would like nothing more than to rebuild the soviet empire, and bringing Ukraine back under Russia's grasp would bring him one step closer to his goal. If Ukraine does go to war there's no doubt Russia would throw everything it had to ensure President Yanukovych came out on top.
Last edited by WaterGod at Feb 20, 2014,
Not our area of influence. US is going to condone these killings, then condone Russia stepping in, then swing their big dicks around, Russia is going to keep pushing their agenda, and a shit ton of Ukrainians are going to get killed and Syria is going to be a thing of the past.

That side of the world has a lot of fixing to do.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
This article is depressing on the "meaningful change in Ukraine" front but reassuring on the "avoiding a horrible amount of bloodshed" front. Basically, a full-blown civil war is not impossible, but is far less likely than the military being called in and crushing the demonstrations.
Another orchestrated civil war. Ukranians demanding a place in the EU...give me a break.
Evidently the "rioters" have gotten their hands on a little over a thousand firearms, this may serve as an equalizer .... if the cops would like to see their families again.
Quote by MetalMullet
Another orchestrated civil war. Ukranians demanding a place in the EU...give me a break.

Agreed. The last thing a former Soviet satellite state is going to want is a place in the EU.
Vitali Klitschko is a good guy with good morals, I know little about this but I'd have to side with him
Poor Kiev. They've been through so much shit for hundreds of years. ;_;
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by necrosis1193
I think it's disturbing how little attention it's been given until the past few days. And even then people are more focused on the Olympics, which is daft even as a huge sports fan.

It's getting tons of attention. It's been on the front page of major news websites for days.
My God, it's full of stars!
What's the situation there? What's going on?

All I've heard is there is violence and idk why.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Ukraine is arguably the most prominent nation between Russia and western Europe. Putin's grip over that nation is very unfortunate.

Best wishes to the protestors there.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

The current President of Ukraine keeps playing lapdog for Vladimir Putin and this has pissed off a lot of Ukrainians who want closer ties to the EU and not Russia. Basically they started protesting then the cops came in. They started setting some stuff on fire and yeah...
and the former prime minister what ever her name is is in prison.

and the election like 8-10 years ago or something the oppositional leader was poisoned and almost died.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Stolen from Reddit:

Ukraine is balanced precariously between remaining a close partner of Russia, or joining the EU.

The government want to remain friends with Russia. Russia wants another ally, and the Ukrainian government are being given deals like this as what's commonly seen as a "reward" for staying loyal to Putin. It helps since the country is in financial difficulty and close to defaulting.

A significant number of people in Ukraine, however, don't care about that and want to move towards the EU, in the hopes of having higher standards of living and better trade with, and access to, the western world. The government is completely shutting out public opinion on this matter.

The conflict has been escalating until a few days ago, when the government decided to say **** it to civil liberties and put in place some rather heavy-handed laws, making it jailable offences to blockade public buildings, wear masks or helmets at demonstrations, erect unauthorised tents in public areas, and even made it arrestable to "slander a government official."

So now people are going crazy with riots over being ignored by an elected government, and violently or legally repressed by their rushed new laws.
They should just accept Ukraine into the EU. One less country in Putin's future Soviet Union.
this house is bitchin
Quote by CaptainCanti
They should just accept Ukraine into the EU. One less country in Putin's future Soviet Union.

far from the entire Ukraine wants that. and they hardly reach any of the demans the EU has on accepting them.
Quote by CaptainCanti

We can hardly force them into it. Even the fairly limited association agreement got rejected. The EU has already accepted a few too many countries ill-suited to the values and norms of the Union - allowing Ukraine in its present state to join would seriously damage the incentive to reform EU accession talks provide.

Just remembered this is another interesting take, suggesting that for all the geopolitical games being played with the crisis, ultimately, Ukraine's problems have to be solved internally, not by the EU or the States, and, almost as importantly, a solution that pisses Russia off isn't sustainable or helpful to Ukraine.
I have some friends that are in Ukraine right now. They are in Kiev, and have sent this:

"Protests have engulfed the center of Kiev as well as a number of other key cities throughout Ukraine. The death toll has climbed to 26 in the past 48 hours alone due to clashes between government riot police and protesters."

As part of the email my friend sent me (this was yesterday). I'm glad my friends are safe, but this situation sucks
League of Legends - Shieldelf

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
We can't wait for you to pull it out Chuche.
Quote by Momentosis
The Leader of the opposition is 6'7" former boxing HW champ Vitali Klitschko.

If you've ever seen videos of political meetings in Ukraine, shit gets pretty crazy.

Kinda tame compared to Taiwanese Parliamentary assemblies. How anything gets done there is beyond me.

okay, it's pretty ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKIIv2_cNI
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Feb 20, 2014,
Quote by Cianyx
Kinda tame compared to Taiwanese Parliamentary assemblies. How anything gets done there is beyond me.

okay, it's pretty ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKIIv2_cNI

How come our politicians never fight? I would love to see Harry Reid choking out Mitch McConnell.
I've got some mates from the Ukraine. I hope them and their families are doing alright. Wow, this is awful.
Must be a serious salo shortage.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by sam b
Square in Kiev, before and after

Holy fuck.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.