Hello all,

I'm looking to buy an ISP Decimator 2 for noise from my amp. I'm a little confused as which to go for though so was hoping for some help.

My understanding is there is the Decimator G string 2 and the Decimator 2.

Now i've read that the G String simultaneously filters both the FX Loop noise AND the out front noise from the pedal board. But then I have read conflicting information that says it only does the FX loop noise and does nothing for the out front noise.

I just wanted clarification on this and if this is the case, would it be better to buy two Decimator 2's which would be the same price pretty much as the one G string and run one in the loop and one out front?

Also where would it be placed in the signal chain?, I can just imagine if the G string runs both out front and fx loop it would be the making of a very messy looking board

Would love some opinions on this.
Gear:

- Martin 00-18V
- Fender Tele (Sunburst)
- Fender Strat (Candy Apple Red)
- Goldtone CC Banjitar
- Appalachian Strings 'The Woodrow' Dulcimer
- DR Z MAZ 38 Senior NR Head
- DR Z 1x12 Cab x 2
Last edited by Tim_Miles at Feb 20, 2014,
i think the g string should be able to be used both in front and in the loop (but don't quote me on that- best email isp to be sure).

as you said, it'll make for a messy board (and it only has the one threshold control so you'd have more control with 2 decimators). another advantage of two decimators is that if one breaks you still have one- and in the loop it should cut most noise, you could get away with one if you were unlucky and one broke during a gig. whereas if the g-string breaks during a gig you have no noise reduction at all.

disadvantage of 2 is they probably cost a little more, and they'll take up more room on your pedalboard and take up another power spot on your multipowersupply.

the dr z is a pretty low gain amp, unless you're using dirt pedals with it do you need noise reduction?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I only use my ISP to clean up the little his that I get from some of the higher gain tones I use, or when I boost my amp. I have rather clean power runny my pedals, and sometimes noise also builds up from a single coil guitar. One in the loop really does the job for me.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Thanks for the reply both! i appreciate it as always.

So i'm just trying to get my head around this, The guitar runs into the Guitar input on the G string, the Guitar out goes straight to the amp and the Decimator in and Decimator out run to the FX loop. How would I connect all of my other pedals? would it need to be Guitar - GUITAR in - GUITAR Out - Pedal Board (OD, COMPRESSOR ETC) - AMP and then

FX LOOP SEND - BUFFER - DECIMATOR - REVERB - DELAY - RETURN?

Or am i thinking of this completely wrong. I run the DR Z with a Wampler paisley Overdrive and a full tone FD2, thinking about adding in an OCD aswell for extra gain to get some rocky keith urban tones out of it. It's a pretty noise amp when cranked up with no pedals, just guitar in. It is probably in need of a service as it does have some hiss when cranked loud but i've not been able to establish the severity of the hiss in comparison to playing it because it's so damn loud when cranked I just can't do it in my bedroom!

Thanks again! really appreciate it.
Gear:

- Martin 00-18V
- Fender Tele (Sunburst)
- Fender Strat (Candy Apple Red)
- Goldtone CC Banjitar
- Appalachian Strings 'The Woodrow' Dulcimer
- DR Z MAZ 38 Senior NR Head
- DR Z 1x12 Cab x 2
I'm not sure with the decimator. I know with the boss ns2 the way to connect it so it works in both the loop and in front of the amp at the same time is a bit counterintuitive. If you image google "boss ns 2 x-pattern" you should get a diagram for that, and maybe (don't quote me) a similar system with the g-string would work.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?