Hello
I have a Mesa TA15 with a Traynor 2x12 cab.
I just bought the cab today, prior I had a 1x12 cab from Mesa.
Now every time I touch the strings in a high gain setting i get a popping sound. I thought it would be the guitar grounding, so I tried my other guitar and same thing.

Do you think its the new cab? Didnt pop in my old cab
do you have another cab you can try it on?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My old rectocab didn't do that.
I just opened the cab to ensure all connection and wires are good.
Only thing different besides new cab is I moved in a different spot
Do you have a buddy that you can try your amp with their cab?

have you tried the amp plugged into the outlet you used to use?

Have you tried new guitar/speaker cables?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah I do have a buddy with a cab.
To follow on more, its not only strings, its when I touch any metal on the guitar. It happens when I touch the bridge
Hey, I've been trying to rewire my guitar for about a month now because it produced a ton of buzz. I finally just wired my humbucker straight to the jack because I got tired of messing with it. Anyway, some ways I wired the guitar made it so it did the same as what is described here, but no sound other than the popping came out of the amp. I found that wiring it another way allowed the sound to come through, although very quietly, with some buzz, and the buzzing would increase in volume when I was not touching anything metal.
ok...i brought my cab and head to store...works great. just harsh hum in my house
Quote by foobgoof
Hey, I've been trying to rewire my guitar for about a month now because it produced a ton of buzz. I finally just wired my humbucker straight to the jack because I got tired of messing with it. Anyway, some ways I wired the guitar made it so it did the same as what is described here, but no sound other than the popping came out of the amp. I found that wiring it another way allowed the sound to come through, although very quietly, with some buzz, and the buzzing would increase in volume when I was not touching anything metal.

Check your grounds inside the guitar, also check that you didn't accidentally solder the ring to the tip of the jack aswell. If you're wiring the humbucker straight to the jack, put the hot on the tip and the ground on the ring,nothing in between. I couldn't really imagine much other than some solder connecting the ring and tip or maybe a hole in the insulation grounding out on something.

Quote by aesop00019
ok...i brought my cab and head to store...works great. just harsh hum in my house

I'd say your culprit was an improperly grounded outlet. Try a different outlet in the house and see if it goes away.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
All fixed...replaced my outlet. Original one must of been 20 years old. Also turn off Plasma TV in same room