Hey everyone,

For more background on guitar see the current Jackson Kelly KE3 NGD thread.

The guitar currently has Duncan Designed Detonators in it. I found a set of Duncan JB/Jazz for $100 and the JB is the Trembucker version for the Floyd.

I just got the truss rod, action, and floyd setup today and haven't really spent a lot of time playing with it yet.

I have a Jackson Dinky with EMG 81/85 for comparison so don't have to have the same sound - want to keep the Kelly passive.

I'm running it through a Peavey 5150 Combo as well.

Good deal? Good match? Or keep looking for something like a Distortion?

Looking to play mostly Thrash metal.

Thanks and quick response appreciated!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by KrogerChad
Dave Mustaine used a JB for years before going active. Thrash enough for you?

That's what I was thinking LOL! Him and Scott Ian I believe.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
As i said in your other thread, tons of guitars have jbs and jazzes in them. if you can be bothered a trip to a decent guitar shop would likely let you try them (though not necessarily in the same guitar as yours so they probably won't sound exactly the same, especially if you don't get to try them with your amp).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?