Hello UG,

I haven't done one of these in a long time. Today my new ESP arrived. I've been an Amorphis fan forever and was lucky enough to finally snag one of the last Esa Holopainen Eclipses. It's awesome and yes I am completely bias!

It's based off the Eclipse I. Full thickness, passive pickups, ebony fretboard, satin finish, mahogany top with Sun design. It also has black binding on the body neck and head. It came with an ESP case and a certificate of authenticity signed by Esa. The neck is fat like a baseball bat on this one. The overall weight of the guitar is not too bad. And the finish is perfect.

I'm used to playing Gibson Les Paul's (I have a couple of newer model standards) so I was used to the shape. This guitar also does not have a cutaway (body contour) in the back. The sound and feel of the neck were quite a bit different though. The pickups are noticeably less bright than Gibson's burst buckers. The sound however is much smoother. The fretwork and finish is far better than my Plekked Gibson's. No string buzz.

Overall I'm totally pleased. It's a pretty cool day when you get the same guitar as you musical idols.

Positives:
-Perfect finish
-Great fretwork
-Good sound
-Unique low production run
-Amorphis!

Negatives:
-The cost. Shipping one of these things around the world isn't cheap.

I tried linking pictures from my UG profile here so hopefully you can see them.

Interesting finish, love the look. Congrats and HNGD!!!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice... Nice necrobump.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
ahahahaha i missed that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?