I.have a peavey vypyr vip2 30. the distortion os good bit I found out that crowbar used the metal zone.would the metal zome.make.my.vypyr sound.even better?
Quote by lp4lifessamberl
I.have a peavey vypyr vip2 30. the distortion os good bit I found out that crowbar used the metal zone.would the metal zome.make.my.vypyr sound.even better?

It's very likely that it would sound like sonic defecation. That pedal sounds like shit through non-modeling amps. I can only imagine it would be even worse through your modeler. Seriously, don't go there.
Kirk Windstein uses the Metal Zone as a clean boost with gain all the way down. You don't really need that. Modelling amps don't take pedals well and you would be able to find a boost pedal model in your vypyr anyway.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
If you think getting a metal zone will fix your tone, you obviously need to start learning about getting guitar tones a LOT more. (No offense)

Metal Zone is the last place you want to go unless you're trying to nail a guitar tone that uses a MZ as a booster like one of the previous posters stated.
It's not that I'm trying to shove my opinion on that pedal down your throat, but really, you should try it before you buy it, if possible.

I'd advice against it. It is brutal in a non-cool kind of way, it just obliterates any kind of dynamics you could have in your playing. But whatever floats your boat, bro. Just try it before you buy it.
Quote by KailM
It's very likely that it would sound like sonic defecation.

I lol'd
Quote by KailM
It's very likely that it would sound like sonic defecation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQFrMs0tZc

That doesn't sound very metal at all...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah, it won't work super well on the Vypyr. Maybe on a Bandit or something like that, but meh.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Nope. Metalzone works well as clean boost (result is very different from tubescreamer) and bands like cannibal corpse (keeley modded in their case) use them that way. But its distortion is very filthy and fizzy, a beltgrinder kind. If its your thing go for it. Just unsure how well vypyr vip takes pedals.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Feb 21, 2014,
If you insist on a Metalzone type of pedal, I would go for the Digitech Hardwire TL-2.
Its produces the same type of distortion as the Metalzone, but IMO, its a better pedal all around (I have owned both).
The key is, keep the gain down, no more than halfway.
Much more than that and it starts sounding rather unpleasant.

You can also look into the Suhr Riot.

But as said earlier, if possible, try whatever pedal first before buying.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Feb 21, 2014,
+100000000 for the TL-2 over the Metal zone.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I'd save some money for a new amp if your that unhappy with it. The mt-2 could work as a boost but your better of tweaking your amp till you save enough do for the amp anyway.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
i have decided to work on shaping my tone and pick up a sanpera pedal.Any advice on tone shaping is appreciated...any effects for a good distortion or is it overkill?