The other day my dad's band was having practice at my house. His guitar player usually brings his own guitar and uses my amp. I was listening to them from the other room, and he was playing a straight clean sound for his solo's that sounded really good with lots of sustain. I thought for sure he was playing my AC15. I walked in and to my surprise he was plugged into my Marshall MG. I couldn't believe it.

After buying my first tube amp several weeks ago, I'm still trying to discover why everyone hates the MG series so much. I think I finally get why people don't like the distortion. It still doesn't sound bad to me, but its a little muffled sounding and I think that's why people don't like it. But the clean sound on it sounds really good to me. Can anyone give me a concrete, objective reason why this amp sucks? I'm really curious if y'all would actually be able to tell an MG from a tube amp in a blind test.

I realize there ARE better choices for the money, but the bottom line is it is NOT a bad sounding amp.
I'm really curious if y'all would actually be able to tell an MG from a tube amp in a blind test.

can't be serious