As the title states, I'm thinking about upgrading my recording gear now, and am looking for your best recommendations.
I have a decent sized investment into Presonus: 22VSL, Studio One v2 Producer.
There is a FireStudio Project available in the area - used and new, but I'm also thinking about the Saffire Pro 40, do you have any others that you would strongly recommend for more than 4 mic inputs - simular price range - under $600.

The main drawback that I think I'm seeing with the firestudio is that it only has one phone port - which would mean if more than two people want to listen in, I'd have to get a Headphone Distribution System.

Thoughts and recommendations greatly appreciated.
Question - do you have a firewire port on your computer?

If not you're SOL.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ they make firewire PCI-E cards, y' know...
You gotta look for one that works, but you should be good with $30 or less.
As for the audio interface, either a Saffire Pro 40 or the FireStudio Project or a Liquid Saffire 56 or an Onyx Blackbird would do just fine, so I'd say get the one that you can get for less money between these.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
^ they make firewire PCI-E cards, y' know...
You gotta look for one that works, but you should be good with $30 or less.
As for the audio interface, either a Saffire Pro 40 or the FireStudio Project or a Liquid Saffire 56 or an Onyx Blackbird would do just fine, so I'd say get the one that you can get for less money between these.

Yeah, I know, but most people don't buy desktops any more. So yeah, it's a legitimate concern.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Question - do you have a firewire port on your computer?

If not you're SOL.

Ha, PCI-e card so yeah, I'm covered. Desktops are cheap as hell now. just picked up an i5 w/ 8GB Ram, 1TB 7200 HDD and dropped a 120 SSD so boots in 10 seconds.

Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for the recommendations.
For what it's worth I like my Pro 40 a lot, but consider finding a used M-Audio Profire 2626.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden