Hey UG, I bought a used Peavey vypyr 15 for 50$ off craigslist as my first amp and now im looking to go full tube.

budget of about 400$, fairly flexible
I play for fun, mostly in my room
I play a lot of classic rock, some metal now and then and I dabble in a lot of other genres
and im in the NYC

thanks in advance
Or you could go for a Vyper Tube. Big step up from what you've got and it all should be fairly familiar to you. They're a Vyper with a 6505 power amp, basically.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
generic nonetheless, but the peavey classic 30/50/ delta ( i love the 15" Delta blurs , also peavey XXX and JSX combos. you don't want a 6505 for what you are doing.

fender makes some good clean amps, but i am thinking that it wouldn't be better than something else
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I was reading up and the blackstar ht-5r seemed like a pretty good option. any opinions? thanks for the replies
Blackstar is disliked here because of their dishonesty about what's in their amps (the HT series is advertised as all-tube, but they're a hybrid design) and the Vypyr Tube is almost always recommended over them. You should try them both out if you have the chance, though.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Oh okay haha thanks for the heads-up. If i were to upgrade to a vypyr tube, would it be worth it? how much of a difference would it be?
Quote by DBWJSY
Oh okay haha thanks for the heads-up. If i were to upgrade to a vypyr tube, would it be worth it? how much of a difference would it be?

peavey vypyr tubes definietly are good modeling amp. they are still modeling from one thing to the othere.

so you have first to decide whether or not you want a vyryr tube? or a straight tube amp?

personally i don't like effects on amp, but someday if i chose a MFX, i would run it the loop of whatever that amp would be.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
What types of metal do you like to play? The Classic 30 would be awesome, but it really won't quite excel at anything beyond old school metal. If you don't need great modern metal tones, it'd be a great one. The Vypyr Tube is an excellent choice as well, as is Jet City. A JSX would be nice, and could possibly be found in your budget. If you do get a Valveking, try to find the newer version, it was much better than the original to my ears.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Peavey Classic 30
Jet City JCA2212
Marshall DSL401 if you can haggle one on Craigslist or something

Peavey ValveKing maybe
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X