Heya

So I'm looking for a small home recording setup for acoustic and electric guitar. I'm looking to spend under $200 on a usb mic or a mic+interface. What can you recommend?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Last edited by jonthorsigmunds at Feb 21, 2014,
Get a used POD X3 live or POD HD500 if you can find one in your price range. they have the ability to do vocals and instruments and also act as the interface. They can run a mic if you want one latter on.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The recording forum isn't dead. Plenty of people over there that will help you. That being said, there's a sticky at the top of the forum with interface suggestions, for an acoustic, you'll want a condenser mic. I'd just DI your electric and use amp sims until you can afford a dynamic mic for your amp, though you can try working with a condenser there, too (I'm not a huge fan of condensers on electric guitars, though).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
If you boost up your budget a bit you can get a Focusrite interface, which are pretty good, and maybe a condenser mic. And as been said before, you can record your guitar via DI or Hi-Z input and use VST's to craft your sound.

And also as been said before, there are plenty of recommendations for small home studio setups.
If i boost the budget a bit and get a recording interface + mic could you recommend me mics that would work for both acoustic and electric guitar? Probably mainly electric
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...