Ibanez RG2550Z or ESP LTD MH-1000NT . Which one would you pick and why? they are round the same price range / Ibanez has 43mm nut width jumbo frets / esp has 42 mm nut width XJ frets - hard rock and metal -

Over all i would have liked them both to have XJ frets and 43mm nut width for my large hands !
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Feb 21, 2014,
ibanez, it's MIJ.

it also has the neck width you like which is fairly important (unless you have no strong preference either way).

I doubt the ibanez frets are any smaller than the LTD ones, but I could be wrong. One company's XJ might be another's J, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez frets are enormous, btw, on most of their RG's.

I'd take a MIJ Ibanez over an LTD any day.
I think it might be preference, I can't stand Ibanez Guitars
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Play both. I do not have much experience with Ibanez, but love my MH-400. I like it better than my Gibson Les Paul Studio. The Neck and frets are great and the EMG's (mine has the 81/85) sound great with heavy gain. I do not care for all the pearl stuff on the 1000, but it is a really good guitar.

Like I said, play both...Good Luck!
Personally id get the LTD. But ive not yet played a MiJ ibby yet.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals