I have a Behringer El Toro and it only has 22 fret neck. I don't have enough money to just buy a new new guitar so I'm curious... If I buy a 24 fret neck, would that fit in with that guitar??? Haven't really had time to really look into this but yeah...
~Maddi Sweetz~
Depends on the neck you buy.
If it has standard fender specs you could just buy a guitarfetish neck or something similar, though it probably uses some weird proprietary specs.

Anyway when talking about that guitar in particular, you're better off just buying a new one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yeah, just get a new guitar. A £90 starter guitar is probably not worth an almost equivalent sum of money being spent on a new neck+possibly shop costs to get it fitted and set up.
A new neck will be as expensive as the guitar itself.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
No, to answer the question that you asked, it will not work. Your scale length will be wrong thus throwing off the intonation of the guitar. If its way off your frets might even be one note off. Even if it fits in the pocket it wont work.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by RCA1186
No, to answer the question that you asked, it will not work. Your scale length will be wrong thus throwing off the intonation of the guitar. If its way off your frets might even be one note off. Even if it fits in the pocket it wont work.

Yup, can't just add frets when you want to.
Unless you get one of those ones where the fingerboard overhangs the body so fret 22 is still in the same position. However, the neck pup will probably get in the way.
It's a stoopid idea anyway, the guitar isn't good enough to be spending that much money, time and effort on it. Just buy a new guitar. Look for a nice used one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Alrighty thanks to all of you that responded. I dunno. I really don't have the money and the used guitars are still too much, like around $200-400. Non-affordable. My current guitar will work for now, thanks though, again.
~Maddi Sweetz~
Whereabouts in Wisconsin are you?

I bet I can find you a decent guitar for $150 or so.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X