Right, got new guitar, received guitar, all looked good, then I noticed today the tiniest dent or dip or whatever in the back of the neck. Now the rational side of me, says 'chill bro, this is just a manufacturing flaw, nothing is perfect, let it be' but the perfectionist OCD side is yelling 'that fool isn't perfect! SEND IT BACK NAO!!!!'

Now the flaw I'm talking about can't be seen unless you're at the right angle/in the right light and you can barely feel it. I wouldn't know about it if I hadn't been removing a stuck hair at the body of the guitar. Instrument's a week old almost, and this is my first play. Just thinking the effort of posting this back and the chances of getting one that is up to standard (which is probably too high) aren't really, but it's the fact I know it's there (I've been through four or five laptops in a row before when RMAing so that's sort of put me off it). The camera can barely pick it up. You'll probably think I'm going crazy when you see this :

Pic!!!! https://www.dropbox.com/s/341dahjc7pqq6sp/2014-02-21%2019.19.26.jpg
Last edited by epic FUZZ at Feb 21, 2014,
from what you describe its still 99.9% in better condition than the floor guitars at the stores. I'd keep it.
I'd probably keep it. I know how you feel though. I've been through the rma loop before. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. Wood is a very imperfect material too.
I think I might contact seller to find out what happened to this guitar before it got to me, because sure it looks new, but in one or two places it looks like Ibanez missed with the paint (actually now I look at it that might be being a bit fussy)

The rest of it looks like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/co3jovrqnkmcu5m/20140221_200123.jpg

BTW, I don't know if these dropbox links are even working :P
Quote by philwhite
I'd probably keep it. I know how you feel though. I've been through the rma loop before. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. Wood is a very imperfect material too.

Cause my attitude is, if there's any damage to something I buy, I want to be the cause of it
It depends on the overall product. I declined on getting a replacement guitar because it played as good, if not better than another I have that's twice as expensive.
Cosmetic flaws aren’t worth the bother. There’s a pretty good chance that the replacement will have one, too. Because wood isn’t flawless, and neither are factory workers, manufacturing processes, or shipping. And on the off chance a new guitar is flawless I’ll just bang it into a table or drop it.
What guitar is this, TS? If this is a sub-$500 guitar, pretty much all of them are going to have something small like that wrong with them. It doesn't affect playability, and you have to almost put the camera against the guitar to see it. I don't think it's worth the hassle.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
If you're going to put it in a glass and display it, then get a flawless replacement. If you intend to use it, then minor flaws, dings, and scratches are nothing to worry about.
Quote by JustRooster
What guitar is this, TS? If this is a sub-$500 guitar, pretty much all of them are going to have something small like that wrong with them. It doesn't affect playability, and you have to almost put the camera against the guitar to see it. I don't think it's worth the hassle.

It's an Ibanez Gio, sub $500 yes. Although I've had other sub $500 guitars that have been flawless, but didn't look nearly as good, and I'm sure don't sound as good either (haven't hooked this one up to an amp yet)