Page 1 of 2
I don't get it though, the description clearly says that the person who made it is making music better, so you think he's a liar or something? Bold wods
Quote by soundgarden1986
"old rock song"
isnt that song from like 2008

and anyway, this remix is so much better than the original its unreal so i cant say i agree

yeaa its not particularly old but you get the idea. This one just showed up at my feed and few people commenting under it about how great the mix is..
Quote by whywefight
I don't get it though, the description clearly says that the person who made it is making music better, so you think he's a liar or something? Bold wods

LOL I didnt see that. That is... just...sad I guess.

Another thing I read today at Reddit. John Densmore did an AMA today and some guy asked if he enjoyed about people remixing The Doors' songs, like Snoop Dog,

he replied "I do. And especially when someone does an arrangement entirely different from ours, like Jose Feliciano turned "Light My Fire" into a ballad. We never saw that coming."

I think its quite a politic answer. He wouldnt like to dis Snoop Dog at that point. It has no purpose and he is VERY noble to say something bad about other people.

Still I dont see any sort of "arrangement" or musical influence at remixed songs of old bands. Also people miss the point between a cover and a remix. One may cover a song, keeping its musical arrangement same but sing in a different way. A remix is creating something new. Adding a trance/house beat to same song? I dont consider that as creating something new..
Agree that most of the time they just ruin the original. I think some of these producers are trying to ride on the success/nostalgia of the classics...Nevertheless there are times when the remixes are great as well. Not an old song by any means but this is a good example:

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc0-tJmvDDA\
Remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQVeK7Dt18U
Last edited by nemesis65 at Feb 21, 2014,
Quote by Dirge Humani
i dont like thing

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Dirge Humani

Perfect.

Anyway dude, fuckin chill. It's what happens, it's not only limited to rock either. There's much worse things in the music world than remixed songs. Personally I enjoy hearing new takes on songs I've heard a million times over.
"Making music sound better" is a pretty arrogant slogan when you're sampling music other people have created.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
"Making music sound better" is a pretty arrogant slogan when you're sampling music other people have created.

I think it's a pretty perfect description.

They took that music, and then made it sound better. What's not to get?
I mean, I'm not really into RHCP and I didn't really care for the remix either, I was talking more in general terms.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
you shouldnt feel angry you should feel happy instead because the original rock song always sucks and the new song doesnt suck as much cause its fresher and stuff think of it as charity

Quote by willT08
I think it's a pretty perfect description.

They took that music, and then made it sound better. What's not to get?

Yep.

Even if I personally don't think a song was improved with a cover or remix doesn't mean somebody else will feel that way. Who are you or I to say that people can't give their own interpretation to a song and create something different and interesting that might appeal to a different audience? It's interesting how far people can take a song in a different direction while still retaining the spirit of the original song. Stop being a dick and acting as if your opinion on what sounds good is an objective one. It isn't.
I like it when this happens, I spent some time last week going through the related videos of mashups of Kanye with other stuff, was some good stuff.
sampling is lame, and dependence on samples shows a complete lack of artistic integrity.

remixing/covering is cool, because basically it's saying: 'i like this song so much i want to play it myself', and is doubly cool because when you cover a song you're putting your own influences into it (ideally, that is).

otherwise you end up murdering what little musicianship you have *cough cough*

anyway, that's my take on it.
by the way, i stole this riff.
Quote by jrizzo
sampling is lame, and dependence on samples shows a complete lack of artistic integrity.
You are a proper helmet if you actually think that lol
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Why do people listen to things that make them angry though that's just weird.

I like Hardwell's mashup of Otherside.
cat
maybe i can make money off remixing old songs with 2 chords and using someone else's talent.

thats ****ing sad man.
Quote by jrizzo

Depends what you sample. Industrial music is a good example of samples used artistically.

Anyway I think remixes are a waste of time and are usually made by people who have no musical talents to speak of, so they muck up random songs to pretend they have talent.

90% of the time remixes sound crap anyway, I don't know why people bother.
That's just my opinion anyway, I'm sure some people love remixes with their heart and soul.
I have nothing important to say
Wow
an already shit song turned into more shit
so unexpect
much remix
wow

Am I doing this right?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lssPOXT-i3o

Quote by soundgarden1986
"old rock song"
isnt that song from like 2008

and anyway, this remix is so much better than the original its unreal so i cant say i agree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI_zMaGrQao

I don't think it's so much better at all but this is a good example of why TS is a knob.
Quote by cheesefries
maybe i can make money off remixing old songs with 2 chords and using someone else's talent.

thats ****ing sad man.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Quote by willT08
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

We got it, you're a bad-ass DJ, now move on.
Quote by JackSaints

Anyway I think remixes are a waste of time and are usually made by people who have no musical talents to speak of, so they muck up random songs to pretend they have talent.
Mmhmm because you're mates with so many EDM producers and ask about their work all the time. Yep yep definitely. It's good to have an opinion from someone so deeply embedded in the scene to offer real insight

yep yep
Quote by willT08
Mmhmm because you're mates with so many EDM producers and ask about their work all the time. Yep yep definitely. It's good to have an opinion from someone so deeply embedded in the scene to offer real insight

yep yep

We got it, you're part of the wubz scene, now move on.
Quote by MetalMullet
We got it, you're part of the wubz scene, now move on.

We get it, you know nothing about music and don't want to have to actually defend any of your views on it because you have none you've actually ever thought about.

now move on
I remember being inraged when Walk This Way (Aerosmith) started getting remixed into everyone's pop songs. It's one of the first rock remixed songs that I can remember.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by arcanom
Snow (Hey Oh) shitremix

seriously only thing good about that god damn remix is the girl in picture...

if they ruined the song for you it probably wasn't any good and you have shit taste and should probably slow down on the cum guzzling before you choke
Page 1 of 2