Anybody out there have any experience with these? I'm talking about the sub-$50 "looks like a big amp but it's not" desktop things.

I may think about getting one for a couple reasons: I travel for work, and I can't always go downstairs to the studio to practice.

Amps like this one
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-mini-deluxe-amp

or this one
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/danelectro-honeytone-n-10-guitar-mini-amp

Any thoughts?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I've got a Vox Amplug that I use at times. It's ok with half decent headphones. It's the AC30 one. You'd have to have one hell of a good imagination to think it actually sounds like an AC30 but it's good enough to practice on. It's tiny, will fit in the compartment of your guitar case with ease and still leave room for plenty of other shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Those tiny little amps with a built-in speaker are generally garbage, tone-wise. They look neat, and they will amplify your guitar, but that's as far as it gets. With a speaker that small you're much better off just using headphones, and luckily there are an increasing number of really good headphone units out there. The Pocket POD and the Vox Amplugs are the obvious choice here, but you could also get a full-size POD depending on your budget, or you could just get a reasonably cheap USB interface and run your guitar through an emulator like Revalver or Guitar Rig or Amplitube on your computer.
I've got a toneport. Maybe I will check out the pocket pod or amplug. I was going to use headphones anyway.
The pocket pod sounds better.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Anyone have any experience with the korg pandoras?
I've got the Fender, and while it's not much tone-wise it's a fun little amp and I've used it for casual outdoor "pass around the guitar" jams a few times.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
These things are all made cheap in China and can be bought direct on Amazon for much less than the overpriced name brand models.