I bought some bongos yesterday. Video related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTr7fOBtlNc&feature=youtu.be

But in order to justify posting that, you people must have met those people who bought a ukelele or bongos or anything like that because it was cheap with the plan to play it, and always talk about it, but never actually learn? Were any of you that guy? I currently have a harmonica sitting on my desk that I cannot for the life of me work out how to bend on. One day!

tl;dr I played Dream Theater on bongos please be my friend I'm so lonely
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Usually people who have instruments like that lying around, that I know, can't actually play any instrument at all, but bought the one that they thought were the easiest, forgetting that some musical talent/effort is needed.

I went through a phase of buying weird instruments (mandolin, banjo, ukulele, cajon, bodhran, harmonica etc) and learned a few chords/songs on them, but steadily got rid of them.

I'm building up a collection of vintage brass instruments though, with the intent of learning to play my trombone properly at some point.
I have seen a surprising amount of girls at my community college with ukuleles, but only in the case

I know a drummer who can has bongos and can play the shit out of them which is fun for party jam sessions

I received a harmonica for Christmas a couple years ago that I still can't play and I swear to god once summer hits I will actually play the banjo I bought a while back

that's about all I know
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
Usually people who have instruments like that lying around, that I know, can't actually play any instrument at all, but bought the one that they thought were the easiest, forgetting that some musical talent/effort is needed.

I went through a phase of buying weird instruments (mandolin, banjo, ukulele, cajon, bodhran, harmonica etc) and learned a few chords/songs on them, but steadily got rid of them.

I'm building up a collection of vintage brass instruments though, with the intent of learning to play my trombone properly at some point.

The singer and keyboardist in our band likes to collect weird instruments, but he can also play them. Medieval crumhorns, Ouds, and dozens of other weird bits and bobs in his studio I couldn't name if I tried. It's always cool seeing him pick them up and play them, if only for the marvel of seeing something new and shiny (and ironically very old)
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Indie hipsters seem to have bought into the uke craze more than anyone. I got one a year ago just out of an interest in learning something else on a budget and have got quite good, I think. I have no intention of leaving it lying around.
I used to know someone who bought a didgeridoo a few years back because they thought it would make them quirky and unique to sit around college playing it. In the end they just made a few fart noises and sold it.
I totally bought a harmonica and then learned that they are absolutely impossible to play. I wanted to learn to play it but I swear it's the most difficult instrument of any I've ever tried.

Learning to play a ukulele is stupid easy. In Indiana all 5th graders learn them. If you have a background in guitar you should be able to pick it up in not even an hour.

On the topic of stupid instruments people buy as a novelty, I totally have a didgeridoo. I can play it, and I can do a few different techniques, but I cannot do circular breathing. I think it's because its a cheap didge with no bell shape on the end (it's just a straight hung of bamboo), so I like to blame my lack of ability on that. I've looked into buying a better one with a bell end, but they are expensive unless you get some gay plastic one. But it's a really fun instrument and playing it is almost kinda meditative because you have to breathe really slowly. If you ever see a cheap out there one pick it up; I recommend it!
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by ehbacon
I know 0 people with bongos.

Yeah, at your age you probably know more people with Um Bongos.
i got a violin i cannot play for toffee and a xylophone i've recorded with along with various shaking and banging stuff
I only know one person that had bongo drums. This guy that played drums in a band I was in. He smashed them though. That was not a very productive band practice day.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.