Yeah, that's literally impossible.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I don't have a problem with it slipping out of tune too much but the intonation is always off. I figure it's a fretboard problem, I wanna get on of these:

There's too many problems than just how you restring it. There's problems with the bridge, saddles, nut, frets, neck bow, if the string is wound (specifically for the G string), etc etc.

In other words, no.
you never need to tune a macbook pro

just saying

Hey.

Fuck off, you spammy cunt.

Sincerely,
Ultimate-Guitar.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Temperature and atmosphere will always change the tuning of a guitar. What will NOT change the tuning of the guitar are the strings slipping due to bending and stretching during playing. A guitar may go out of tune using my method, but it will not go out of tune due to the strings slipping. It will go out of tune due to outside forces.
"How to Change a Guitar String So it NEVER EVER Slips Out of Tune"

then

"Temperature and atmosphere will always change the tuning of a guitar"

lol wut was that again? Time to fight those outside forces!
Quote by macashmack
I don't have a problem with it slipping out of tune too much but the intonation is always off. I figure it's a fretboard problem, I wanna get on of these:

It looks really dumb and it fails at solving the problem.

Stringed instruments will always be out of tune whenever they're played because plucked strings vibrate. That vibration induces oscillating tension on the string, pulling it sharp. The harder you pick, the more pronounced the effect is. No amount of fret compensation can mitigate that because that's just the temperament of a stringed instrument.

Maybe it would be worth having fret compensation if intonation was a mammoth problem for even a well set-up instrument, but in most circumstances it isn't. It's never perfect, but it's often a decent approximation. Guitars, as stringed instruments go, actually intonate quite accurately.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 21, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It looks really dumb and it fails at solving the problem.

Stringed instruments will always be out of tune whenever they're played because plucked strings vibrate. That vibration induces oscillating tension on the string, pulling it sharp. The harder you pick, the more pronounced the effect is. No amount of fret compensation can mitigate that because that's just the temperament of a stringed instrument.

Maybe it would be worth having fret compensation if intonation was a mammoth problem for even a well set-up instrument, but in most circumstances it isn't. It's never perfect, but it's often a decent approximation.

Temperature and humidity. You forgot them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Temperature and humidity. You forgot them.

It's impossible to find an acoustic instrument that doesn't have that problem. It's a given.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It's impossible to find an acoustic instrument that doesn't have that problem. It's a given.

No shit. TS wasn't given it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by ethan_hanus
How to string a guitar so it never goes out of tune...smash it against a tree and give up playing guitar forever, problem solved.

That's how you tune a Chevy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by ethan_hanus
Works every time...

On a different note, I just learned about the evertune bridge system...I feel like I'm so behind the times, looks like the greatest thing ever for tuning stability.

Too bad its so expensive and so hideous.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee