Page 1 of 2
So it came!!!

Untitled by bllyfen8, on Flickr

One Randall RM100 212!

Untitled by bllyfen8, on Flickr

That's all I could snap off before I had to run out the door, I will be uploading clips in the next couple days though.

So it just came today, I have only had a couple good playthroughs for a few minutes each. As you have probably noticed I only have two modules in the amp right now, the XTC and the Recto. First off, I have to say that Cath was absolutely right, this amp has a HUMONGUOUS low end, I have the bass cut back quite a bit on both channels, the density is under 12 O'clock. I haven't played any Ecstasy/XTC so I can't comment on how the well the module emulates it, but I can say that the Recto is reasonably similar to the inspiration. As expected it doesn't completely nail the tone but it has the same kind of feel, real walloping kind of sound, ran a boost in front and I was definitely reminiscing about my old 2 channel.

I am starting to wonder if the T75s I had before this amp were bad, because I like the sound in this one. The size of the cabinet helps to fatten the sound, this is definitely the biggest amp I have ever owned (or seen really). I'm going to run it with my 412 (Screamin' Eagles and Splawn Small Blocks) to see how I like it, but this amp doesn't need it. I have missed the sound of a high-powered amp, and the Randall is a welcome change from the Rev Jr.

Looking into getting an AC module, though I'm considering just getting a Plexi or perhaps a JTM module and just running one of those slight driven for my 'clean' sound. I still am not entirely sure what I will end up with, but a lot of the reason I got this amp is that I am prone to getting bored I figure getting a new module is a lot less hassle than getting a new amp, after all. I'm going to keep the Recto module for sure though, suits my playing style I think.

Well Thanks for looking, be looking for the clips!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Ooh. Love the RM steries!

Like a dumbass I passed up my brothers RM50 last time I was up there. I'll have to snag it. I haz no tubey amps right meow.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Feb 21, 2014,
Nice amp

I like the look of the Mash-oldano module that Salvation does
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm uber jealous, very fine piece of gear you have there.

I hear the Tweed module is very nice, maybe you want one of those.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
HNAD!

I think I'm pretty set on getting that one too. So far I nailed the modules I want down to: Benzin, Markus, Stock Plexi, Shiver and HW-103/C-Watt.
Quote by R45VT
Ooh. Love the RM steries!

Like a dumbass I passed up my brothers RM50 last time I was up there. I'll have to snag it. I haz no tubey amps right meow.

I remember you talking about his RM. I was in the same boat as you not long ago, I just couldn't live without them though I have always wanted one since they came out, so I'm definitely happy.

DbD: I was thinking on it, I really just need to find to try out.
Nice, congratz man!
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by dementiacaptain
I remember you talking about his RM. I was in the same boat as you not long ago, I just couldn't live without them though I have always wanted one since they came out, so I'm definitely happy.

DbD: I was thinking on it, I really just need to find to try out.

He has the XTC and another distortion module in his. Badass little amps. I can't remember what the other module is. Huge low end. Killer power section.

His amp- for 3+ years he was bitching about the noise and loss of volume. I had him replace his tubes and he still had no volume. I brought my gear up to portland and checked the bias- 4ma.... I turned that bitch up to 34 and no more volume problems. One of his friends probably got drunk and messed with it. Best part of the noise he was bitching about- turned out to be a bad cable from guitar to amp... For three years he never used another cable... It had no shielding. The hum was unbearable.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Looking forward to the clips. Congrats.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Sweet.

Glad you like it. I'd go for a Plexi module. Curious to hear your impression of it with the Small Blocks. Not XTC yet? Damn, get on it.

HNRMD

and why is the flash turned off on camera

Yea ...
Same one as mine. But I must say one thing - TWEED! Seriously, the Randall Tweed module is sublime. Magic cleans all the way up to Crazy Horse. Don't get the AC or even the JTM, get the Tweed. I haven't steered you wrong yet have I?

I have T75's in everything and the ones in the RM100 sound best, It's the cab, man. It's that big arsed closed back cabinet. I've had mine running simultaneously with the 1960A and I swear, the tone out of the RM100 was best.

HNAD

Edit. Don't forget to buy a trolley, one with nice big wheels and a strap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 22, 2014,
****, I gotta get me an RM100.

If only there was a Vintage Modern module. That would make my life so much easier.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
****, I gotta get me an RM100.

If only there was a Vintage Modern module. That would make my life so much easier.
You do realise that now I have to slap you, don't you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You do realise that now I have to slap you, don't you?

No!

Still the same dilemma though. I honestly want both amps a lot.

Though I am happy with my S6U, after hearing it cranked. Little monster screams.

The VM is special. The split/dual gain controls lets me dial it in in ways that I cannot dial in any other amp, because every other amp only has a single gain control. I know you don't think too highly of it, but I really really connected with it every time I played it (a good few times).

The RM is totally besides that point. The RM is just totally badass on its own.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
No!

Still the same dilemma though. I honestly want both amps a lot.

Though I am happy with my S6U, after hearing it cranked. Little monster screams.

The VM is special. The split/dual gain controls lets me dial it in in ways that I cannot dial in any other amp, because every other amp only has a single gain control. I know you don't think too highly of it, but I really really connected with it every time I played it (a good few times).

The RM is totally besides that point. The RM is just totally badass on its own.

$5 says you'll hate it within a month.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
If you loaded one up with these:

http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=mash-all
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=mash-oldano
http://www.voodooamps.com/home/Modifications/AMPMODIFICATIONS/RandallMods/SuperVModule/tabid/695/Default.aspx

If still you can't find a Marshall type tone that blows you away, there's something wrong with your thinky muscle.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by R45VT
$5 says you'll hate it within a month.

But seriously, this is a serious problem...

I'm pretty happy with my VHT though! And I've had it for like... 2 weeks now!

Sometimes I get gear and then want to get something else within days.

Quote by Cathbard
If you loaded one up with these:

http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=mash-all
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=mash-oldano
http://www.voodooamps.com/home/ForSale/ModifiedAmpsForSale/Randall/SuperVModules/tabid/909/Default.aspx

If still you can't find a Marshall type tone that blows you away, there's something wrong with your thinky muscle.

Yes, I definitely want to get the Marsh-All+.

I don't think you're getting it though. It's not about just getting a Marshall tone. That's easy. It's about the way I can dial it in on the fly on the amp, just the way the Detail and Body knobs are set up just work for me.

EDIT: Though I'll say that the VM really isn't "Marshall tone" to me. It's VM tone. And it's amazing.

I'm sure I could dial it in to a more traditional Marshall tone, but that's not how I've ever used it.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Feb 22, 2014,
Then what could be better than a modular preamp? The Randall power amps are serious shit, man. Amass a collection of modules and you can change your mind as often as you like.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Aaaaaaaww, that's sweet!

Good luck carrying it on and off the stage
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Congrats bud!

I'm really started to get interested in these amps... I wouldnt mind the head..

Quick questions ... It looks like your 212 has room for 2 modules? Or is the pic just decieving and it actually has 3 slots? It looks like the head has 3.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
It does have 3, I'm minus one module at the minute.

Cath: I like the Tweed, but IDK man, something is telling me AC. The Tweed probably is super cheap though...

Ippon/311: The flash would have made it even worse, I'm going to try to take it outside today and get some natural lighting pics, my grainy light in the house is awful.

Everyone Else: Thanks guys, I'm keeping this
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Every time I see these amps my amp GAS gets reignited all over again. The possibilities this thing offers coupled with the ability to want to fork over a couple hundred every month for a new module is appealing, the first part not the second.

I'd love to hear the AC side by side to the Tweed.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
congrats! very cool amps for sure.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Nice amp enjoy it
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Watch, Cathbard is going to end up getting the AC module and never usees the tweed again. I would lol hard.

I wish I had the money, would seriously pick up an RM100 in a second.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Watch, Cathbard is going to end up getting the AC module and never usees the tweed again. I would lol hard.

I wish I had the money, would seriously pick up an RM100 in a second.

You just need to give up this silly motorcycle idea
I tried the AC30 back to back with the Tweed when I bought the amp. The Tweed slays it. It's richer and fuller.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by dementiacaptain
You just need to give up this silly motorcycle idea

Get out of my head!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Get out of my head!

Don't let em get to ya

I actually bought my first bike last year. Ducati Monster 696. One of the best decisions I've made!! Nothing better than getting stoned and taking the ol' bike for a rip on a beautiful day Except maybe getting stoned and having a great rehersal / gig

On another note, how come I've never heard about these Randall amps unitl Cath picked his up?? If I had know about these beast's last year, I probably would have saved a little more and got one instead of my JCA50H, not that I don't love my JCA
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
Don't let em get to ya

I actually bought my first bike last year. Ducati Monster 696. One of the best decisions I've made!! Nothing better than getting stoned and taking the ol' bike for a rip on a beautiful day Except maybe getting stoned and having a great rehersal / gig

On another note, how come I've never heard about these Randall amps unitl Cath picked his up?? If I had know about these beast's last year, I probably would have saved a little more and got one instead of my JCA50H, not that I don't love my JCA

Egnater has a modular amp too, infact, isn,t the Randall designed by Bruce?

You don't see the Egnater ones around as much, but people are crazyy about them. Apparently, its two channels per module.

I would personally go with the Randall because of the modding community based around them.

Can you use Randall modules in the Egnater? I vaguely remember hearing the modules are interchangeable. Put an Egnater module in a Randall RM and you only get the lead channel?
Yeah modules are interchangeable between the two.

Red: They had some fanfare when they came out (years ago, the first one I saw when I was like 13, I'm in college now), but they have been low-key ever since. They mainly tried to market them to the metal community, which seems silly because metalheads are hardly the ones wanting versatility
So I've achieved better marketing success that Randall's marketing division? Somebody tell them, maybe they'll sling me a couple of free modules.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
So I've achieved better marketing success that Randall's marketing division? Somebody tell them, maybe they'll sling me a couple of free modules.

Admittedly I had forgotten about them until you were talking about getting one. You just never see them, there is only one store within 100 miles that carries them. I have seen them one other place (near the coast) and it was only the RM4. It seems you have started a trend here
Well, I was looking for a Marshall 6100 but the rehearsal studio I have been using had an RM100 halfstack that I used regularly and was very impressed with. The same business offered to sell me one cheap so I jumped on it. Especially after they got me to fix it when it had blown some HT fuses. The way the power amp is laid out sold me on it. Farkin brilliant. Best amp biasing system I've ever seen, bar none.

Edit. Just a word of warning. Make sure you protect the pots on the modules from impact. The chassis on the module itself is a bit flimsy and will bend taking out the other pots as well. I dropped mine in a rocky carpark and broke 6 pots.
It is sort of a good thing in a way because it saved the sister board at the back of the modules by absorbing most of the impact. 90lb is a lot of weight.
I will be making a roadcase for it before long.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah this thing is a monster. The first time I tried to pull it out of the box I nearly fell backwards, I got in my arms and just about busted ass

For the most part my amp won't be going anywhere, but you never know when that will change. I might get a pull over sleeve for it or something, with some padding.
How I dropped it was because I don't have a strap on my trolley. With the JCM900 combo I could just slide the trolley under it and flick it back. When I tried to do that with the Randall it toppled forward onto the rocks. Won't do that again. I need to fit a strap to my trolley too. The Randall is a behemouth. Makes my JCM900 212 look like a practice amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What's the power amp like on the Egnater Mod series? Pretty much the same thing?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What's the power amp like on the Egnater Mod series? Pretty much the same thing?

I imagine very similar, but it is handwired. If anything it might get breakup a bit easier, it seems like Egnater amps tend to the vintage/old school crowd a good bit, but that's pure guess. Cath, I'm thinking I found the perfect thing for a good hand truck today. Big old sturdy fat tired thing around the woods. Good weld on it, my grandfather built it.
^Ahem, its called a "trolley".
Page 1 of 2