Hello. So i recently bought a used Ibanez sa120 (2009) for 195 at a local pawn shop. It didnt come with a trem arm and i was hoping to buy a replacement.

Ive checked ebay and other online stores and there is no way in hell imma pay 50 bucks for a piece of bent metal. For that much id go without it, i rarely use it anyways

Anyone know where i can get a cheap one online?

Also is there a better bridge i can replace it with like a floydrose or some other ibanez floatong trem?
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
you could try ibanez rules. it stocks most of the parts. Not sure how much cheaper it'll be, but it's worth a look, anyway.

i doubt you can replace the trem with much, it's ibanez's own design and to my eyes doesn't look

replacing the actual whole trem is probably going to cost more than the guitar's worth. if it's even possible, while it looks like a fairly standard 2-point trem design it might well be a different size from most of the more common replacements (i dunno for sure).

EDIT: a floyd would definitely be more bother than it's worth, you'd need a locking nut. and the top isn't recessed for a floating trem- you could try setting your current trem to float if that's all you want by loosening the springs in the back a bit, but you're going to get maybe a tone of uppull at most. even if you did try to put a floyd on it that's all the up-pull you'd get as it's not recessed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 22, 2014,
Ah ok i see.. Scratch that idea then.. I may just mess with this guitar till my carvin arrives and maybe sell this... Tho the ibanez wiki says its 600 dollar guitar... Is that really how much they were selling for?
Ibanez GRX40 - modified

Transformice
that sounds high. i thought it was the lowest in the range. i could be wrong, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well i went to the pawn shop with my buddy not expecting to get anything... He pointed it out and i looked on some ibanez site (i forget which site now) and it said the MSRP was $670 i paid 195 figureing i got a good deal. I looked deeper and found people selling then for lik 325 i still paid less then the lowest...
I did have to completely re wire it too as the switch was wired wrong and it had 2 master volumes

Anyways it plays great and sounds good... I checked ibanezrules.. The guy seems a bit sketchy so im gonna pass on the trem arm.
Ibanez GRX40 - modified

Transformice
msrp is normally a good bit higher than normal street price

far as i'm aware ibanez rules is legit, but i've never dealt with him and it's better to err on the side of caution if you're not sure.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ive given up on the trem arm ill keep an eye out on ebay for a cheap one but not to worried about it. I think i got a good deal on it still..it will do till my carvin arrives.. Thanks for the help man
Ibanez GRX40 - modified

Transformice
no worries. yeah keeping an eye out on ebay might be the thing, you never know, one might pop up cheap.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?