So I have started a search for a wah, which is seemingly one of the toughest pedals to find "the one."

I currently have a Morley Bad Horsie (the first one), I've used it for years and I like it but I find it not doing it for me. The toe end of it is a little harsh.

I went to the local Long and McQuade yesterday and played the Dunlop 535q, Crybaby From Hell, Cantrell wah, and the Mission Engineering Pro Re-Wah. The Re-Wah was amazing but I don't want to spend 300 bucks.

Out of those wahs I felt the 535q was the most useable.

But an Ernie Ball Wah has popped up on Craigslist for $100.

BASICALLY what are your opinions on the Ernie Ball Wah, how does it compare to the 535q tonewise? Youtube videos only tell so much.

As for music styles I play in a hard rock band, and a very heavy punk band, so handling high gain is a must. But I also play a variety of gigs in many different styles so versatility is a must.

Thanks for reading.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
I'd take the 535q because it can cover all your wah needs but the EB Wah is also a damn good wah. Best feature is the on light. Wish more wahs had a friggin on light.
I think that 535Q is much better... features and sound of the 535Q are just amazing!
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
I use the Bad Horsie 2 I like it way better than the original. It has the original and the contour wah in one pedal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I like Dunlop wah's. They're just great. Ernie Ball is good too, but personnaly I'd go for the 535.
I'd go 535. I've had one for ages and I love it.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.