I am seeking wisdom of the UG community once again.

My brother wants to trade a Standard Plaintop Les Paul epiphone for my LG humbucker Godin. His LP is litteraly new in box, and it retails for about 470$ (540$ after taxes). I paid the Godin 735$(after tax) back in 2007. I rarely played this guitar so it stayed in mint condition.

The deal he's offering is: My Godin LG + 200$ for his brand new Epiphone Les paul.

Is it worth it? For basically a newer guitar, maybe better pickups I don't know. It appears to me that I'll be able to get better hard rock tones with an Epi LP.
i'd keep the godin

i don't see why the epi would have better hard rock tones?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ditto.

The Epi is probably decent, but the Godin is a better axe, all around.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks for your opinions! Really helpful in that kind of dilemma