Well ended up having to sell all my music equipment to finish school, sad story I know blah blah. Anyway, finally started my job and starting it back off better than it was. First off, I needed an amp that could handle anything I could need. I wanted an amp with plenty of options that could get a variety of awesome clean tones to varying degrees of overdrive. A buddy and me are about to start recording an album when I finish putting together my recording so I needed my first amp to be very versatile. All in all I settled on one amp that could fit all my needs. It also broke my Mesa Boogie cherry. Here is this little monster.

Man what can I say about the Mesa Roadster. So versatile. It is hard to make this amp sound bad. Ive heard Mesas are notorious for being hard to dial, maybe this amp is an exception, but no issues getting anything I want out of it. I picked it up used for $1100 from GC. The tubes are pretty rough, the originals and I believe they are on their last leg. Gonna outfit it with JJs next week. I can't even get into the features of this amp, only brush the surface. 4 channels, each with three different modes. On top of that, you can choose 100 or 50w and diode or tube rectifier tracking. Plus there is a bold or spongy toggle. So many tonal options its hard to narrow down where to leave it at.

Next up, saw this guitar in a local music shop for $180. Didn't know anything about it but a made in the US guitar with a USA made Kahler trem on it for 180 seemed a fair price. Peavey Impact 1 with custom molded hard shell case. The pickups suck so I got a crunchlab and a tone zone neck on the way, gonna order an air Norton next week with the tubes. It has three toggles. Each controls a pickup. You have on/off toggles for the single coil and a On/off/split coil toggle for the bridge so you have any pickup combo at your fingertips. This guitar plays amazingly well and is in great shape for a guitar made in 1985. Not much else to say about this.

Next up, wanted a cheap 7 string. Never owned one before. Ive never been a big fan of schecter but for this for $175 with emgs from a guy because he said the neck was messed up. After talking for a while, I figured it just needed a truss rod adjustment. Indeed, after a few turns it plays and sounds good. Not sure how much playing time it will get, but its fun to play around on.

Lastly, I want to get a start on my pedal board. I'm a huge fan of supporting local builders and found out about a year ago that Chad Matthews lives 15 min from me. I contacted him about buying a few pedals from him. He an extremely nice guy, got these together for me and met me the next day. Going to be ordering some more of his line of pedals very soon.

First up: Cmatmods analog chorus: I get my light chorusing to add shimmer to cleans and many other sounds. I got a perfect Pull Me Under tone within seconds. Beautiful pedal. Controls are simple and easy to get the tone you want.

Second Cmatmods Deeelay: Its a quick delay that adds a great touch to clean tones which is what Im mainly using it for. Sounded great with leads but I didn't run it with overdrive to much. I believe it has up to 600ms delay time. Very warm sounding pedal. I will be picking up something like a DL4 to go with it though in the future.

Third Cmatmods Phaser: Perfect phasing tones. Love the addition of the level knob to reach unity. Gets great Pink Floyd phasing, Incubus phasing, and EVH with a twist of a few knobs.

Fourth Cmatmods Tremoglo: Awesome tremolo. I actually don't use tremolo much but a group I play a lot with do a lot of sounds that could use one so picked this up. As far as how I use it for my music: with the toggle in the middle position, it makes this pedal a great boost for the front end of my amp. And this pedal glows in the dark, do you really need another reason to buy it.

Well that's it for now, wish I had my focusrite in but its going to be a while before I get to do any recording. Sorry. Anyway hope all the pictures show up, I suck with this kind of stuff. Thank you all for reading this long NGD.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
By the way should add in a huge thank you to my wife, not only did she let me pull the trigger on the guitars and pedals, but she actually ordered the mesa because I had been looking for one for a little while and it came in for Valentine's day. I was going to order a Peavey JSX, I to save some money, I think she made a better choice.....
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Nice haul!

Damn you've got her trained well Please teach me master

I can't complain about my girl too much, she's been pretty good to me gear/tolerance wise
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Cool story, bro! No, SERIOUSLY cool!

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by red.guitar
Nice haul!

Damn you've got her trained well Please teach me master

I can't complain about my girl too much, she's been pretty good to me gear/tolerance wise

Well we have been together for eight years so she is used to my obsession. Also she is a vocalist so we are going to be putting about 3000 in her PA in a month or so.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent

Fair enough!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by bluestratplayer
Well we have been together for eight years so she is used to my obsession. Also she is a vocalist so we are going to be putting about 3000 in her PA in a month or so.

Only fair you get a nice amp then

Great bit of gear you got there sir!!
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Thank you. This is by far the best and highest quality amp Ive ever owned. Can't wait till the crunchlab comes in to hear it through this amp.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
HNGD that is awesome
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
THanks everyone. Yeah Ippon, I figured if you're going to do something, might as well go all the way. I looked at the roadster but its extras were stuff I really wouldn't use so I took the savings and went with the roadster. Would really like to add a mark V to the family after my wife gets her PA and I order my Carvin guitar in a couple months.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
THanks everyone. Yeah Ippon, I figured if you're going to do something, might as well go all the way. I looked at the roadster Road King but its extras were stuff I really wouldn't use so I took the savings and went with the roadster. Would really like to add a mark V to the family after my wife gets her PA and I order my Carvin guitar in a couple months.

Awesome! Good Luck with your Commander.
sometimes you got to start over in life , getting your schooling done is one of those things that take s priorty ..... happy NGD , cool wife !!
HNAD

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Congrats, man. I am a fan of stories where you get the gear you want after having to get rid of it all once before. Glad life has dealt you a fair hand to equip yourself with some great gear.
Cool wife to completely understand and even order the Mesa for you. HNGD!!!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Yeah really lucky with the wife. Felt bad though got her some nice stuff for valentines but I believe she won. Should probably treat her with a spa day or something. Yeah school sucked but had to get it done for the family. Plus making that investment financed this stuff so going gearless for a few months was worth it. Of course now the extra income has my GAS at an all time high.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I'm in the exact same situation. I had to get rid of some decent gear about 5 years ago for school loans, and now I am a little more financially stable. I couldnt agree more with that affecting GAS, I have already bought a new amp and guitar this year. Not to mention eyeing another guitar and amp already, as well as a plethora of pedals. It never ends!!!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bluestratplayer
Yeah really lucky with the wife. Felt bad though got her some nice stuff for valentines but I believe she won. Should probably treat her with a spa day or something. Yeah school sucked but had to get it done for the family. Plus making that investment financed this stuff so going gearless for a few months was worth it. Of course now the extra income has my GAS at an all time high.

Yes! Very inexpensive way to get her totally spoiled so she can love you, long time later!
Haha, indeed
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Thanks to everyone that has posted. I'm hoping I will get my focusrite 18i20 this weekend so I can post clips. Just curious if anyone has experience with the Carvin H44M studio headphones for monitoring while recording. I will be getting some studio monitors before mixing but thought about getting these to use while laying down my guitar parts. Or does anyone have some headphones they would recommend over these even though I've never been disappointed yet by a Carvin product. Also, just put in an order for all new JJ's for the Mesa. I still don't know how eurotubes stays in business because tubedepot is still cheaper on their JJ's. Anyway I got everything because when I went to clean all the tube sockets with deoxit, one of the rectifier tubes had a broken piece. It still worked as far as I can tell but figured I might as well go ahead and retube it and keep the mesa factory tubes as extras since I gig so often. Hopefully, everything will ship quickly so I can put any clips up for anyone interested.

Also, anyone else had a bad experience with Musiciansfriend? I placed and order for a Crunchlab and Tonezone pickup and some odds and ends Tuesday the 17th of Feb. Thursday they still hadn't even shipped from MF so I sent an email bitching. Then said they would get it shipped first thing next day and give me 15 bucks credit on my account. Well it said it shipped from their warehouse Friday but it just arrived to UPS today for my 3 to 5 day UPS ground order. Am I out of line to think this is absolute bullshit. I don't want the 15 dollar credit. I just want my shit sent within a business day one two from the time I order it. They have had my 200 bucks for a week today and it just got to UPS to deliver it today at 8 pm. I will never order anything from them again for sure. Just curious whether this was how they usually do since I had planned on ordering the focusrite from them but now I would rather give my money to a different company even if it costs more than to do business with them again. /rant. Sorry for the questions just didn't feel it was worth starting a new thread to type all this when this one was already open.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Feb 25, 2014,
UPDATE: Got the pickups today and installed them in the Peavey. The crunchlab is amazing, doesn't exactly what I was looking for. Well, MF screwed up and sent a Seymour Duncan Hot rails neck instead of the Dimarzio Tonezone Neck. Well I decided to go ahead and try it, and its just about unusable except for some great warm clean tones. Actually think I will keep it to put in the middle position for my clean tones then get a Air Norton or Tonezone for the neck. Actually leaning towards the Air Norton now.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Excellent choices, HNGD!

And yeah, Chad Matthews is a great professional to deal with. 5 stars.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by bluestratplayer
UPDATE: Got the pickups today and installed them in the Peavey. The crunchlab is amazing, doesn't exactly what I was looking for. Well, MF screwed up and sent a Seymour Duncan Hot rails neck instead of the Dimarzio Tonezone Neck. Well I decided to go ahead and try it, and its just about unusable except for some great warm clean tones. Actually think I will keep it to put in the middle position for my clean tones then get a Air Norton or Tonezone for the neck. Actually leaning towards the Air Norton now.

i can't stand the hot rails, but it sounds pretty good split. if you are keeping it it might be worth splitting it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was pretty bummed with the hot rails. I'm glad I found a use for it in the middle even though that is not why I bought it but at least I didn't waste my money. How's the Air Norton single coil size? If it is like the full size I'm sure Ill be happy. I'm looking to get Dimarzio Liquifier tones (well as close as possible out of a single coil humbucker)

Also, had a lot more questions about some of the recording stuff I had posted about and didn't want to clog up this so decided to post a new thread in Recording so here is the link if anyone can help out it would be much appreciated. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32399938#post32399938

*disclaimer* long ass post lol I had a lot of questions and wanted to be thorough.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
i haven't tried the air norton s. I've tried very few of the single coil-sized humbuckers, really. Only the really common ones like the hot rails are often stock in guitars, and the few I've tried and didn't really like meant that I never really considered them for upgrades.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lol, yeah not a fan either but the Peavey is HSS and I have always liked a neck humbucker so unless I attack it with a router, its going to be a necessary evil.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?