Not sure if this is the right forum..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOYuAPa5dcc

I don't really know how to explain this ...

On this track, the background chords gradually seem to gradually get closer? (sorry I'm a newb)

They also get louder so I suspect there is some volume automation there, but I'm sure there is a different effect. It seems like the high end is being boosted over time? At the beginning the sound of the synth chords is dull, and seems far away, but the tone gradually increases and becomes brighter, up until 0:52.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what effect is being used here.
Hard low pass filter with gradual raising of the the threshold frequency, no volume change.

Yeah, you're in the right forum
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Hard low pass filter with gradual raising of the the threshold frequency, no volume change.

Yeah, you're in the right forum

Haha yeah guess so

thank you so much
No problem brother
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Spambot already answered this, assuming he means 'corner frequency' (but as you're Italian, I'll let you off for being lost in translation ) but yeah - if you have questions about a particular effect used on a recording, or how to achieve certain sounds, feel free to ask here, TS.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
^ I didn't really find any better way to say that.
I went looking into Logic 9's LPF and the parameter was just labeled "frequency", so I figured that would have done anyway.

Thank you for your kindness though
I'll use corner frequency next time.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
LPF or HPF are both just frequency filters, in other words they act as an EQ band. You measure the roll-off on one of these from the -3dB point, otherwise known as the corner frequency. The 'Q Factor' will affect how large the distance between the corner frequency and the start of the roll-off is, in the same way it affects the steepness of a simple EQ band used to boost/cut more specific frequency areas.

Cutoff frequency is the same thing entirely - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutoff_frequency
Hey, look. Sigs are back.