So basically my band went from playing thrash metal to some prog metal kind of stuff and we don't have a Keyboardist so we recently started using a click track with samples.
We have the samples pan to the left and the click to the right.
Our drummer is the only one who follows the click track right now but we would rather have the whole band have ear monitors because it will make it easier for all of us so we won't have to depend on our drummer.
So how can we get a set up for the whole band to have ear monitors and follow the click. We are total noobs when it comes to stuff like this.

Our current set up.
We have 2 JBL speakers plugged into a mixer#1(Vocal mic is plug in same mixer#1) Then we got a instrument cable going from mixer#1 to mixer#2 next to our drummer who uses a splitter cable(Plugs into Mixer#2) for my Iphone which contains the click+sample tracks,our drummer uses a 1/4 adapter and plugs his headphones into mixer#2. So how can we get the whole band to have ear monitors? Not to concern about the budget but maybe try to keep it under $500.

Sorry for the crappy description.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
Quote by megaluisdeth
Our drummer is the only one who follows the click track right now but we would rather have the whole band have ear monitors because it will make it easier for all of us so we won't have to depend on our drummer.
Talk to your drummer about this, run the loops in the JBL's and let your drummer use the click track alone.
A decent setup of a single pair of in ear monitors is worth about $300 to be generous, so stick to the simple method until you'll have enough money to spend in a decent setup.

Or, even better, be decent musicians yourself and rely on the monitors plus the drummer to play in time and save your money for something useful.
In ear monitors don't fall into that category unless you make enough money gigging to pay for them and you have to play in really large spaces, and still keeping a click track in there would kinda be offensive for the drummer...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The last band I was in used backing tacks and click's. I'll try to explain best I can how we did it to make for simpler live setups.

So we started off by micing guitar and bass amps and all vocals to mixer. Next we had a track on our laptop that had the click panned all the way to one side, and our backing tracks to the other side (like you have done). Then we patched the laptop to the mixer with a cable that when from 1 stereo plug, to 2 mono plugs. This seperated the click from the backing tracks at the mixer.

NOTE: for practice, we don't use PA spearkers at all. We rely totally on out in ear setup. The transmitter is fed from the monitor output on our board.

Heres the important part that makes gigging easier. Setup all amps and vocals to the levels that youre happy with (these are the same levels you will set you amp's at when you hit the stage and every time you play through this setup). Then you must level out the click and backing tracks, so they are level with the rest of the band. Now make note of where the levels are OF EVERYTHING.

So now you have it setup such that all instruments and sound sources are running into the mixer, and all levels can be controlled from the mixer, for both monitors (which run the in ears) and mains. So what we do at the gig, is hop on stage with all of our gear run our amps mic's into OUR small mixer that we bring, use the monitor mix on OUR mixer to control our monitor feed (including the clicks and backing tracks), then give the sound guy the main feed from OUR mixer when he runs into his for the house.

Then all the sound guy has to do is level our mixer (includes guitar, bass, and backing tacks) to the vocals and drums! Voila! Sound check is complete in about 1 min!

It took us a few gigs to get this system down path, but it works perfect for us now. Hopefully this is helpful to your situation

Cheers!

@Spambot

I agree that an in ear setup isn't really worth the money for most bands needs, but the band I joined was already running them, so I just needed to invest $120 for a set of in ear monitor headphones.

One big reason that band used them was becasue we had a whole pre-programmed light show to go with our set. So the click's were mainly used to tell us where to start the songs, and what tempos to keep in for each song; and also to keep us in time with the tracks.

It's not good for only the drummer to have a click signal, when I'm the one who's suppose to start off the song He could click me in, but that can look unprofessional, depending on what style youre playing.

It could be really useful in a prog setup or something else where you may be chaning tempos or riffs a lot. Some people set them up to give them reminders of when they need to make the changes.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H