Hi, I'm VERY new to recording guitar through audio interfaces and whatnot. I am a GIANT noob on these things, and am just looking for some friendly advice. I did buy a Behringer 302USB Premium 5-Input Mixer USB Audio Interface (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EHILV4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1) after looking through some reviews on it and people saying they recorded their guitar through it. When it arrives, is it easy as plugging the USB into my computer, and then my guitar straight into the mixer? I do have a multi-effects pedal for my guitar which is the Line 6 Floor Pod Plus. Do I still need to use my amp with my audio interface for recording? Can I still run my effects pedal WITH the audio interface? Kind of looking for a pretty detailed explanation of how to go about doing this. Thanks!
"Do I still need to use my amp with my audio interface for recording?"
That means you're now using an amp to record your stuff?
And if that's the case, how's the setup?
Then if that's not the case, how are you recording right now?

The best setup I can think of with the little mixer plus the pod is:
guitar -> pod -> mixer -> computer

So you can use all of the effects you want on the pod and have them recorded on your computer.
If for some reason you don't want to use the pod effects then you just connect the guitar to the mixer and the mixer to the computer and you use whatever effects on your computer instead.

And read the interfaces sticky if you didn't already.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.