I recently purchased a Joyo US Dream pedal. I have to say...It's letting me down a bit. Given, it was only $39, (Which, did deliver a small blow to my wallet as I currently do not have much cash.) I was not able to play it previous to purchasing it, because they do not sell it anywhere in my area, and reading the praise that it has received was rather deceiving. The Joyo is supposed to be a clone of the Suhr Riot...To me, the Suhr seems more of a metal pedal...After playing the Joyo, it just mostly sounds like my Big Muff. Now, this is not a bad thing...I was just expecting more of a high-gain pedal, rather than a muffy pedal. Many say that the Joyo lacks in low-end....I don't know...I seem to have too much low-end on mine, hence the muffy sound. I will add that I only played around with the tone for about an hour...Maybe I just need to dial it in more...I was switching back-and-forth between the US Dream and my Ibanez Smashbox SM7 (Which people have been saying that the SM7 is a "hidden gem" among distortion pedals). It was somewhat difficult to compare the two; as the Ibanez has a noise-gate and a High-Low EQ built into it. My best guess was to throw the High and Low EQ both at 12 O'clock, and to turn the noise gate off....Which, kind of defeated the purpose because I could, essentially, make the Ibanez sound better anyways by switching up the EQ's and turning on the noise-gate....Anyways...Does anyone own a US Dream? If so, what settings do you suggest for more of a Metal tone? Thank you.
Quote by dustin.schumach
I recently purchased a Joyo US Dream pedal. I have to say...It's letting me down a bit. Given, it was only $39, (Which, did deliver a small blow to my wallet as I currently do not have much cash.) I was not able to play it previous to purchasing it, because they do not sell it anywhere in my area, and reading the praise that it has received was rather deceiving. The Joyo is supposed to be a clone of the Suhr Riot...To me, the Suhr seems more of a metal pedal...After playing the Joyo, it just mostly sounds like my Big Muff. Now, this is not a bad thing...I was just expecting more of a high-gain pedal, rather than a muffy pedal. Many say that the Joyo lacks in low-end....I don't know...I seem to have too much low-end on mine, hence the muffy sound. I will add that I only played around with the tone for about an hour...Maybe I just need to dial it in more...I was switching back-and-forth between the US Dream and my Ibanez Smashbox SM7 (Which people have been saying that the SM7 is a "hidden gem" among distortion pedals). It was somewhat difficult to compare the two; as the Ibanez has a noise-gate and a High-Low EQ built into it. My best guess was to throw the High and Low EQ both at 12 O'clock, and to turn the noise gate off....Which, kind of defeated the purpose because I could, essentially, make the Ibanez sound better anyways by switching up the EQ's and turning on the noise-gate....Anyways...Does anyone own a US Dream? If so, what settings do you suggest for more of a Metal tone? Thank you.

What's the rest of the gear that you're using? Pickups, amp, speakers.. ect
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by Blackfire.
What's the rest of the gear that you're using? Pickups, amp, speakers.. ect

Guitar: 2013 Epiphone Firebird (Alnico Classic Pickups)
Amp: Marshall 100w HDFX Half-Stack (4x12 Celestion Speakers)
I don't think much will sound very good coming from that amp. I would suggest getting a new amp instead of buying more distortion pedals.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Last edited by Blackfire. at Feb 23, 2014,
Any suggestions? I am on a pretty tight budget...Under $500 would be good. Under $400 would be even better....and so on....Would it be worth it to just switch the cab for now? Or would everything need to be switched?
Quote by dustin.schumach
Any suggestions? I am on a pretty tight budget...Under $500 would be good. Under $400 would be even better....and so on....Would it be worth it to just switch the cab for now? Or would everything need to be switched?

So more people and I can give you suggestions. Make a new thread in the correct forum..

Here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Use these rules for your new post:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Last edited by Blackfire. at Feb 23, 2014,
I wouldn't describe the US dream as sounding like a big muff (I own both). I think the major problem is your amp, the marshall mg's don't handle o/d pedals well.

My US dream can definitely gets into metal territory.
RIP Gooze

cats
US Dream is not really a metal pedal (and so is Suhr Riot I presume). It is high gain and can do 80s metal and Thrash but for more extreme stuff IMHO it lacks the final kick and needs help in form of very hot pickups or just boost in front. Recently released Suhr Riot Reloaded is a metal pedal though.

I absolutely hated my US Dream through solid state amps but through Valveking it came to life and I learned to appreciate it. Since I got my Pod it has not seen much use though.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by mulefish
I wouldn't describe the US dream as sounding like a big muff

+1

The amp is the problem.

That being said, the joyo us dream (i haven't tried the riot) isn't maybe as heavy-sounding as its advertising suggests. it does a pretty smooth high gain type of tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?