I finally ended up buying a new guitar. I convinced myself to trade in my Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe. Don't get me wrong, it's a great guitar but it turned out that it wasn't for me. I didn't get along with it as well as I hoped to. There were also some practical issues that prevented me from enjoying it to the max.

Anyway, I did a ton of research and brought my guitars and amp to a music store where they had most of the guitars I was interested in. Because it was a possibility to trade in my Tele (HH) I had my focus on humbucker equipped guitars to assist my PRS SE EG (SSS). I tried humbucker equipped guitars but didn't find one that I liked enough. I also tried P90 equipped guitars but again, I didn't find the guitar I was looking for. They were all great guitars but just not for me.

I also plugged in my PRS and I really liked it. I took some time to make up my mind and I concluded that I maybe wanted to have humbuckers too badly because I was getting rid of my Tele. I do really enjoy my PRS so I shifted my focus to single coils. I did check out some strats during my research and the Fender Classics Series 50's and 60's Stratocasters (lacquer) and Fender American Special Stratocaster were the strats I was most interested in. I decided to try the American Special and the 50's Classis first because I preferred the 50's neck over the 60's neck. After a long time the salesman came back to ask which one I preferred and I had to tell him that I was still playing on the American Special. I gave the 50's an honest chance and I liked the American Special more. It was a little dirtier, had more bite and pushed the amp a little more due to the Texas Special pick ups.

I played the American Special with a big smile and after I plugged in the 50's Classic one more time I knew it for sure, it had to be the American Special.

Enough talking, time for pictures:

HNGD! Lovely strat.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Oooooh, beautiful. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Pretty.
Cool.

Pretty cool!

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Beautiful!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
excellent, like the colour and the maple neck
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys, I love the comments so far! I cleaned it, changed strings and removed all the plastic etc. I hope to make some better pics the coming days.
HNGD! I love my American Special. Great guitar!
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
I don't think it suits you, so you should hand it over to me
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here