Somebody knows what kind of pickups was put in the Epiphones from Samick Korea in 1993?

I have one and they sound great, but the guitar itself is a mess. So I want to go for these pickups in a gibson when I can afford it. Can someone help me?
stock epiphone pickups. they are modeled after PAF style Gibson humbuckers. believe me if you get an actual Gibson LP you'll appreciate the better pickups.
Quote by monwobobbo
stock epiphone pickups. they are modeled after PAF style Gibson humbuckers. believe me if you get an actual Gibson LP you'll appreciate the better pickups.

Thanks that's what I wanted to know: what Gibson pickups they were modeled after
Epiphone pickups have always been pretty bad, pretty much any pickups besides what come on an entry level guitar are better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
So the takeaway is this: if shopping for Gibsons or Epis, look for "PAF" in the description. If you're looking at other guitar or pickup makers, other terms to look for are "vintage" or "classic".
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Robbgnarly
Epiphone pickups have always been pretty bad, pretty much any pickups besides what come on an entry level guitar are better

I wouldn't go that far. I was quite impressed with the Probucker pickups a lot of Epiphones have these days.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I wouldn't go that far. I was quite impressed with the Probucker pickups a lot of Epiphones have these days.

those are an improvement and shows that perhaps Gibson pays attention to what people were saying. probably didn't cost them more than $5.00 extra to make them better.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Well we are talking about a 1993 Epiphone here not a new one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Those old epiphone pickups are usually winded by some little old asian lady who has no idea what a guitar actually is. Everyone gets lucky every now and then

If you really want a set of 1993 epiphone stock pickups you can probably find them on ebay for 15-20 bucks all day long.

edit

correction. I just found a bridge/neck set of epi pickups for 6.49 with 4 dollars shipping. 4 hours left too
Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 23, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well we are talking about a 1993 Epiphone here not a new one.

That wasn't what you said.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 23, 2014,
Epiphone has used a lot of different pickups over the years. I had a Epi dot from around that era and the pickups in that were just horrible. If you really like yours, take them out of the epi and put them in whatever you end up getting, but my guess is that ANY real Gibson pickup will sound better than what you have.