Hi whats up?guys i saw an coffin case BDFX-1 blood drive and it sounds very nice i wounder if there is any similar pedal with this kind of distortion but for extreme metal, i dont like guitar sound too fuzzy...i like it with alot of bass ...actually i play with a danelectro fab metal but it makes too much noise...and the only good sound i can get from it is with tone 0 and distortion 100... thanks
I've never found a pedal that did it for me as far as high gain goes. What amp are you using?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
As with most things, you get what you pay for. If you want a pedal that does the heavy stuff well, and you've got the bucks, then take a look at the Triple Wreck and SLOstortion from Wampler. You could also look at the Z-Vex Box of Metal, the Empress Effects Heavy Distortion, or the Bogner Uberschall pedal. Any one of them should work for you.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The wrampler triple wreck seems like a good pedal.
On the cheap, the MXR metal muff is still good but not as the other one.
On the reeeally cheap, the Joyo extreme metal should sound like the metal muff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Im using a Wattson popline amplifier...a fender starcaster with fender pickups....and a echo delay time space by caline.....i liked the joyo extreme metal is this pedal good? will it make too much noise?
This is just what I would do, but if you are looking for a good metal sound, you need a good metal amp, I'd save money for one. Whatever you get will probably be noisy with that setup, by the looks of what I see online the Wattsom seems like a budget piece, as is the Starcaster (assuming it is the Strat-style beginner guitar and not the semi-hollow?)
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by edneyhelene
Im using a Wattson popline amplifier...a fender starcaster with fender pickups....and a echo delay time space by caline.....i liked the joyo extreme metal is this pedal good? will it make too much noise?

Any of the heavy distortion tones are going to involve noise, which is why the ISP Decimator noise reduction pedal has achieved a near cult-like following among metalheads.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
i have an behringer nr100 to help me with the noise too......wich metal amp with good price would you recommend me? a pre amp wouldnt help me either?
Last edited by edneyhelene at Feb 23, 2014,
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Fill this out, then we can help you a bit more.
Ok friend so lets go:

Budget - i would like to have a amp with reverb...it would help me a lot..no need to be too big..i think a medium amp would do great i can carry it on my car.

Genres: I play extreme metal, in my band we play amon amarth, death, sepultura, kataklysm, slipknot... we play black metal, death, trash and new metal...

They can be used...cheaper better!
Gig - Ill use it to play with the band too in some places so its for gig!

Closest city is são paulo, im in brazil.

My current gear is dannelectro fab metal + echo delay time space by caline + Behringer NR100 + Oneer Wah Wah Fat boy 2 + behringer bass equalizer + Fender Starcaster with Fender Pickups and a tremolo normal bridge..(i think ill sell this equalizer later)..

Thanks for helping me i really apreciate it...i would like to spend less money as possible, thinking like 180 dollars or less...thanks
The Blood Drive is just a MXR Distortion III clone, in case you didn't know.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
TS, I think the best thing for you to do is look into a Peavey Vypyr, get the biggest one that you can find. They are good amps, and most likely the best you will get with your budget. They do metal tones well, I think you will be pleased with it.
Definitely a Peavey Vypyr buddy. Should be able to get a used 30 or 75 for that
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I didnt knew about the blood x mxr maybe thats why i liked more the joyo pedal than other ones...where can i find this amp? i cant find it here in sao paulo for less than 600 dollars..
Do you have EBay? You could try there. I don't know the conversion rate, but a Peavey Vypyr is one of the cheapest amps you can get in the US. I would just try to look used, if all else fails save up man.