I'm looking at the little Martin guitars, because they look easy and comfortable to play, plus I'm big on john mayer and ed sheeran who use them a lot.

I know that the "e" on the end of model numbers shows whether it's and electro acoustic or not, but can someone explain what's the difference between the models? Ie the LXM, LX1, LX, and the LXMK2

Cheers
there's not much difference in them if i' not mistaken. they're all the same bodystyle and laminated tops. only difference really should be color. spruce HPL on the lx and lx1 and mohogany HPL on the ones designated with the M.
the sound should be identical on all of them. the thin veneer of the tops will not effect the overall tone of the main HPL board.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
my bad.. a little research goes a long way.
the LX1 does have a solid spruce top. the M models seem to be mini dreads.
i'm doing some music shop travelling starting tomorrow. i'll make a point to try a few out.... if i take one home...the fault lies on your shoulders !!!!! 8)
i've played the solid top and all laminate versions of the little martin, and for once to my ear a solid top didn't make much in the way of improvement tonally - but that's only my opinion.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
is that a really nice way of saying that you weren't impressed patticake?
Cheers for that! A little research does go a long way. I've tried one before briefly. Just liked how easy it was and it was nice and tight. I like the sound of a mahogany top. Yeah let me know what you think if you manage to try a few!
will do. heading out soon and taking my new favorite little-un' with me. in the world of smaller guitars, i think Taylors GS mini kills them all. that's why i'm going with the new Engelmann top/maple GS mini.( you won't find them in online stores... very limited edition on the Holden Village website...fantastic backstory to them, good reading) i think the engelmann splits between normal spruce and 'hog in warmth and clarity.
maybe i'm prejudiced but the little Taylor blew away all the martins on your list. the music store employees were trying to buy it from me at 2 shops.
i tried all of the ones on your list. of them, if the GS mini hadn't been invented, i'd probably take an LX1 home but not at retail. it wasn't a bad guitar just seemed flat sounding to me.
surprised to hear it. to me, the baby taylor sounds really unappealing - the little martin has a more focused sound and more bass. but once again this proves that everyone has their own tastes.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
surprised to hear it. to me, the baby taylor sounds really unappealing - the little martin has a more focused sound and more bass. but once again this proves that everyone has their own tastes.

nah...not a baby taylor... the Engelmann top GS mini ...
http://www.holdenvillage.org/book/holden-guitar/
i liked the LX1, don't get me wrong. i just would put it 2nd
ah - well, that's a nice axe, and i'd definitely put the little martin second to it. i love the GS mini and i'm a sucker for an engelmann top guitar, so the combination sounds great
Quote by Skeet UK
I've got a Martin D16GT and it's honestly my favorite musical purchase or guitar I've ever made.
not really related to the little martin except by ownership of brand. the little martin is a 3/4 dread with an extra short scale, while your guitar is full sized; the little martin is made in mexico, not in nazareth, and the little martins are either all HPL or solid top, where your guitar is all solid.

btw, i'm a big fan of the 16 series. sound good, good bang for the buck

Quote by NewDayHappy
I've got a Martin D16GT and it's honestly my favorite musical purchase or guitar I've ever made.
Quote by Skeet UK