Greetings!

I have an Unfinished maple neck for a 12 string guitar I'm working on. The maple is VERY White. Which I can't stand the maple on necks to be really white. It's a 12 String Tele and I love David Gilmour so I'm making a Telecaster that has Black on Black with a maple neck. Everything is good on the Tele (I know he played a Stratocaster), besides the neck. Is there a spray finish I can just spray on the neck without removing the frets and the black dots. I don't care about removing the tuners and nut. But what is the finish that I can get to get the maple darker and older looking? And where could I purchase such spray?

Thanks!
1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Quote by Manton Customs
A tinted nitro lacquer would be your best bet. Stew mac sells it in aerosols.

I wouldn't have defret it and take out the inlays will I? And what would be the procedure on getting it the deep color I'm wanting?
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Quote by Dcat1000
I wouldn't have defret it and take out the inlays will I?

Just cover the inlays with masking tape or something like that. Should do the trick but idk
"Go roll around in your sic."- Corey Taylor

Firm hater of the Les Paul. Fan of the Iceman.

You just can't have enough guitars. It is impossible for that to happen.
Quote by Dcat1000
I wouldn't have defret it and take out the inlays will I? And what would be the procedure on getting it the deep color I'm wanting?

Nope, its standard procedure to spray after frets and inlays have been done. After you are finished spraying just rub the frets with some 0000 steel wool to remove any lacquer left on them. No concern about inlays either.

The deep colour your after should come straight out the can, though you will need a few coats. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Finishes_and_solvents/ColorTone_Tinted_Aerosol_Guitar_Lacquer.html....the vintage Amber one.ꜰ
if you tape off the inlays, you will have low spots when you take of the tape. you would then have to clear over these low spots otherwise the strings will get stuck when you do bends.
Quote by Manton Customs
Nope, its standard procedure to spray after frets and inlays have been done. After you are finished spraying just rub the frets with some 0000 steel wool to remove any lacquer left on them. No concern about inlays either.

The deep colour your after should come straight out the can, though you will need a few coats. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Finishes_and_solvents/ColorTone_Tinted_Aerosol_Guitar_Lacquer.html....the vintage Amber one.ꜰ

Based on the pictures, it looks like it's just for bodies. I'm gonna say its safe for necks too?
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Quote by Manton Customs
You would be correct to say that

What would I have to to each coat and how long would I have to wait between each coat?
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums