I tried inserting a screwdriver inside and it went in okay so it's not blocked or anything. And it has no threads on the bar either so I'm not confusing it for a screw type. I even tried seeing if my threaded tremolo bar would fit in but it's too big. It's a wilkinson bridge btw
Attachments:
photo(11).JPG
put the trem in the freezer for a bit then jam it in real quick... worked for me
Although it aint coming out anytime soon. Or you can file it down slightly but be careful not to take off too much
Quote by jpnyc
Did it stop working, or did you just buy this?

I just bought this and fixed it up yesterday but the bar just won't go in

Quote by 7thString
put the trem in the freezer for a bit then jam it in real quick... worked for me
Although it aint coming out anytime soon. Or you can file it down slightly but be careful not to take off too much

I'm not really confident about filing it down so was hoping there will be another alternative :/
Last edited by sealtain at Feb 24, 2014,
Quote by sealtain
I just bought this and fixed it up yesterday but the bar just won't go in

So it was used? Are you sure you have the correct bar?
look at the back of the guitars, you may see a long tube that looks like a tremolo bar. sometimes you can tighten the bottom nut.

keep in mind, i have never seen, played, nor even know what tremolo, or anything. so these are common issues.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jpnyc
So it was used? Are you sure you have the correct bar?

I bought it new online and I think so, the bar in the images look exactly the same and the seller has the bar in the bridge
I thought maybe I was just putting it wrongly or something. I'll try asking the seller how to put it in
Have you taken the trem cover off the back and had a look inside?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Do you know what kind of wilkinson it is?

I have a Fret-King Super 60HB (Fat Stratclone) which comes stock with a wilkinson trem. When I got mine, I couldn't keep the trem arm from falling out.

It seems that some wilkinson bridges have a little adjustable pressure screw in the side that you adjust with a teensy-weensy Allen wrench, and it is that screw that holds the trem arm in place. If yours is like this, it may be too tight to slip the thing in!

Here's the info & images I got to work with the issue:

In the VS401 fitted to the Super 60, the interior thread in the arm is superfluous.

Lay the guitar somewhere safe, secure and flat, put the arm in, and drop the bar, (slacken the strings), all the way.

Now take a look at the block on the vibrato and you’ll see the head of a small allen wrench type set screw.

The smallest of the allen wrenches, which should have been provided, is used to adjust this set screw, to allow both the swing tension, and perpendicular height of the arm to be adjusted.

The Wilkinson by Gotoh VS401 vibrato bridge is available to be fitted to a variety of guitars, which means that with the traditional knobs we use, the perpendicular travel does allow the arm to come into contact with the knobs we fit at its lowest height adjustment.

The answer is to set the perpendicular adjustment to sweep past the knob tops.

If by chance, the small allen wrenches were not provided, any hardware store will have them, and they will be either 2mm, 2.5mm, or 3mm.

Different sizes are sometimes used in different production runs.

Here's what it looks like- the little screw is at the base of the bridge on the tremolo side:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 24, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Do you know what kind of wilkinson it is?

I have a Fret-King Super 60HB (Fat Stratclone) which comes stock with a wilkinson trem. When I got mine, I couldn't keep the trem arm from falling out.

It seems that some wilkinson bridges have a little adjustable pressure screw in the side that you adjust with a teensy-weensy Allen wrench, and it is that screw that holds the trem arm in place. If yours is like this, it may be too tight to slip the thing in!

Here's the info & images I got to work with the issue:

Here's what it looks like- the little screw is at the base of the bridge on the tremolo side:

Accidentally loosened it to the point that it came out but still nothing :/

Quote by Cathbard
Have you taken the trem cover off the back and had a look inside?

there's just a screw over where the trem arm is but i tried loosening it already