If some gay dude is hitting on you, when is it appropriate to say "I'm a top."

I mean, who isn't curious about how that shit works out? I assume some couples switch hit, but from talking to a friend of mine some couple don't. I wonder how they work that out. I'd love for any first-hand insight and I'd also enjoy comic comments as well.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I've actually wondered this. Is the top just whoever ends up being on top after the groping or whatever happens before hand?

I mean if I'm going to catch I better be able to pitch as well
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'd assume that gay men are very straight forward with each other. Probably a greet and meet like any other dude convo. Conversation and some form of general interest will be met and the question will be asked. Are you a top or bottom?

Not in that overbearing sense that is, but the simple question of i'm interested in men, are you? I've had that question asked to me before. Several times for me if anything. I don't assume homophobia in an instance, but politely decline their advances and continue interest in them as a person, not a sexual orientation.

Shit, i'm straight forward with females and males. I'd hope that gay men are as well with their relationships or else stuff would never get done.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
Conversation and some form of general interest will be met and the question will be asked. Are you a top or bottom?

So like I say to somebody, "Do you like progressive rock?"

And they're like "Yeah I love Rush and Dream Theater."

And I'm like "Ooooooh, I like Yes..."

And I don't talk to them again.
Hey hot buns, I'm a top.

I'm not gay but I'm totally going to say that to someone
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by snipelfritz
So like I say to somebody, "Do you like progressive rock?"

And they're like "Yeah I love Rush and Dream Theater."

And I'm like "Ooooooh, I like Yes..."

And I don't talk to them again.

#thatquarterchub
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by eGraham
I'm not gay but I'm totally going to say that to someone

What do you have against gay people? You disgust me.
Quote by MetalMullet
What do you have against gay people? You disgust me.

This. Graham, I USED to like you.
I don't have anything against gay people. I have a gay friend!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I'm pretty sure that it's understood through atmosphere and presence, gaydar settings and all that. Like, if a gay dude is all straight acting and stuff, chances are he's a top, and the feminine acting ones are probably the bottoms... But it's a stereotype, so no one can be sure, so I'm sure there's a fair deal of assumptions made even and finally when they get back to the place and realize that anal sex not going to work out with their preferences (two no switch tops or two no switch bottoms), they probably just suck each other off and call it a night. Then no second date. But I think switch bottoms outnumber the no-switch bottoms in large so your chances of having a bottom-bottom total fail are probably pretty low. Probably the most common occurrence of anal sex not happening on a gay one night stand would be two non-switch tops.

I will say that even though I can think of 3 gay men that I'm friends with I've only ever talked to one about it in depth, and he said that it's really hard for most gay dudes to have anal sex on a first date because, you know, if you're not comfortable and all it can really **** you up... but maybe he's just not a loose-assed slut.
Listen. I'm sorry.
lol I always assumed they just happily switched places, even multiple times in a session.
Quote by vilk
I'm pretty sure that it's understood through atmosphere and presence, gaydar settings and all that. Like, if a gay dude is all straight acting and stuff, chances are he's a top, and the feminine acting ones are probably the bottoms... But it's a stereotype, so no one can be sure.

DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

how do straight people decide who is the top?

O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

Does he/she have her hands round your neck at any point during the session? Then he/she might murder you. As to who's top, who knows.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by theguitarist

Well for straight people it's pretty easy to decide who is going to give and who is going to receive, is it not?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Well for straight people it's pretty easy to decide who is going to give and who is going to receive, is it not?

depends.

okay put it in another way, how do straight people decide who goes down on who?

i mean there are some people who won't put anything in their mouth.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Thrashtastic15

lol this. If you have tentacles you give, clearly.
Quote by theguitarist
depends.

I knew this was coming and I am not disappointed.

Quote by theguitarist
okay put it in another way, how do straight people decide who goes down on who?

i mean there are some people who won't put anything in their mouth.

If you won't go down on somebody they won't go down on you (at least not well). Those people suck... well actually they don't.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
This thread has made me realize how much easier it is to be a lesbian

Is it though?

Lesbians don't like the way dicks look. But pretty much every dildo/sex toy I've ever seen is shaped like a dick. Isn't that pretty shitty for them?
I asked one of my gay friends about this before and he said he usually just tells people straight up that he's a top so it won't be as awkward for them to say what they are.
cat
Quote by Ssargentslayer
This thread has made me realize how much easier it is to be a lesbian

um no. some lesbians are 'tops' and some lesbians give way more than they receive.

but anyway it's pretty lame for one person to always be the top/receiver regardless of sexual leaning.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
um no. some lesbians are 'tops' and some lesbians give way more than they receive.

but anyway it's pretty lame for one person to always be the top/receiver regardless of sexual leaning.

Kind of disagree here, I don't ever plan on letting a girl give it to me

If she could convince me that it would literally be the most orgasmic thing in the world for both of us, then maybe, but it would be like convincing hitler that jews were awesome

Definitely agree with the whole body orientation though, nobody should always be on top/bottom

EDIT: or even big spoon/little spoon
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Last edited by Obsceneairwaves at Feb 24, 2014,
The one who bends over and spreads their cheeks.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Gay people are just like straight people. They'll figure it out one way or another, everyone is different. You can't just make a singular sweeping claim about a sexuality and say it "only happens this way"
Quote by RPGoof
You can't just make a singular sweeping claim about a sexuality and say it "only happens this way"

Yes you can? We've been doing it for hundreds of years!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Yeah you're right, all gay people DID sell their soul to the devil to get that way in the first place... maybe thats why Judas Priest is so awesome?