Hi all,

first off, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I wasn't quite sure where to put it, likewise I apologize if this sort of thing isn't supposed to be on this forum full stop.

I'm a music student currently doing my dissertation on developing a sustainable career as a freelance musician, specifically looking at methods of exposure. I've written up a questionnaire directed at those who make a living primarily/entirely from music-based fields OTHER THAN ARTISTS (composers, players, teachers, music community workers etc.). This forum seems to have a pretty diverse range of people on it, and i was wondering if anyone who considers themselves a professional musician (or a professional in any of the aforementioned roles, as well as few others you'll find in the questionnaire) would mind filling it out for me.

I did this last year and had an awesome response from the good people of UG and was hoping this time around you guys could once again help me out. I promise I'll transcribe a few tricky songs or do some online lessons in the summer to return the favour

It's online (no messing around with paper or word docs) and doesn't take more than two minutes, and would really help me to broaden the demographic of people i can get responses from.

All responses are entirely anonymous and unidentifiable, all the data will be stored safely and securely and at no point will be shared with any third parties. It will only be used by me for the purposes of my research.

All in the name of science right?

Sorry for the long post but it'd be great if anyones interested? Will stick the link at the bottom of this post.

Cheers.

P.S. Obviously if you know anyone that you feel would be an appropriate candidate to stick some answers down and they wouldn't mind giving a couple of minutes of their time, the more the merrier, link 'em up!

The link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JQRFVVY
I'm a music grad, I live in the Uk and went to co-ed comprehensive. I got an A for music at high school and a distinction diploma for sound engineering and music tech, I went to uni and got a boarder line fail, apparently I can't compose and have dyslexia, and no one told me. I thought I was safe in the system. Now I work in mcdonalds.