Page 1 of 2
Having been in a new band for a few months made me think of what kind of merchandise I'd like to sell to whoever would consider themselves a fan of my music, and what I was the least interested in selling was t-shirts with the band logo.
Lately, I've been conscious of dressing well, and I've been ditching my clothes with any kind of print. Any blog or guide on male fashion usually states that one should avoid any clothes with print.

My question for you, my friends, is: Is there any band that sells band tee's/shirts that are so fabulous that they would be accepted at a finer gathering? How can this be accomplished?

My initial thought is having a band logo that is the size of the Ralph Lauren Polo logo, or whatever logo any fashionable clothes company sells.
DeVillains!
m8 you can wear graphic shirts that are fashionable. unless you're going for that kind of fashionable.

And why are you not looking for shirts by bands you like? This isn't difficult.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
m8 you can wear graphic shirts that are fashionable. unless you're going for that kind of fashionable.

And why are you not looking for shirts by bands you like? This isn't difficult.

I'm not really looking for shirts by bands to buy them. I'm looking for inspiration. I'm seeking examples of bands who pulled of some good t-shirt design.

But you're right, I should just start looking at merchandise from bands that I like.
DeVillains!
Quote by angusfan16
perry-fairy merch

Dude, Periphery's merch is the absolute worst.

I beg to differ
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Bazz22
Dude, Periphery's merch is the absolute worst.

It is pretty shit. Except i'd buy their coffee mug.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
It is pretty shit. Except i'd buy their coffee mug.

The "World's Best Band" mug? Yeah, that one's pretty cool. They just pick really weird color schemes, along with oversized logos imo.
just make the logo tiny, if you do have a symbolic logo for your band. if not, then i don't think it can be done.

but who cares about fashion really
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by hellybelly
why are the majority of band t shirts also black as well?

Because hard rock/metal fans have no sense of fashion and think that a shitty cheap black shirt with their favorite album or band logo looks good, see
Quote by soundgarden1986
lolno this shirt is beautiful

for evidence
Quote by darkcheef
Because hard rock/metal fans have no sense of fashion and think that a shitty cheap black shirt with their favorite album or band logo looks good, see

for evidence

Cheap? Have you seen the prices at the merch booth these days?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by Ylasto
My initial thought is having a band logo that is the size of the Ralph Lauren Polo logo, or whatever logo any fashionable clothes company sells.

The kinds of people who wear band shirts are probably very open about their love for that band. They wear shirts loudly and proudly. Subtlety isn't really a consideration when you want the world to know how much you love Coldplay.
Also it basically turns fans into walking signposts. When people are willing to pay to publicize your band, you make the most of it by covering as much surface area as possible. It was never about looking good.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 24, 2014,

Generally, modern sparse illustration, simple shapes and colour schemes, and strong but not imposing colours work best.

But some of these would make your average fashion obsessive cringe.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Feb 24, 2014,
(Invalid img)
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Banjocal
Where can I buy this, and what is Ali's current address?
Last edited by lncognito at Feb 24, 2014,
Quote by lncognito
Where can I buy this, and what is Ali's current address?
Ali?

It's an official tshirt that's like £25. I went onto a UK custom shirt maker and made it for myself because greedy bastards.

Quote by guitarist41
(Invalid img)
Dan Mumford's a good artist albeit a little too stylized but he's not really a tshirt artist

Quote by ichiefG13
Do you play in a screamo band?
Is this for me? No.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Ali?
Ali, Callum, Ali.guitarkidseven. He used to have an avatar based on the logo.

Also, yeah, finding that protest the hero shirt good is proof of your bias, mr. Has-fortress-as-avatar.
It was for TS, the idea came due to having friends who are in that genre and talk about "fashionable" shirts kinda like ts.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by lncognito
Ali, Callum, Ali.guitarkidseven. He used to have an avatar based on the logo.

Also, yeah, finding that protest the hero shirt good is proof of your bias, mr. Has-fortress-as-avatar.
Oh yeah I remember now. Yeah IDK his address I haven't been on here in a while.

Keaton Henson's designs are quite nice too.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
i think everyone posting pics are just proving OP's point
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Band shirts never seem to be fitted. They're loose where they shouldn't be and tight where they shouldn't be.

They make you look like a sack of shit. Never seen anyone wearing a well fitting band t-shirt.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by Ylasto
Any blog or guide on male fashion usually states that one should avoid any clothes with print.

Yeah! Let's all base our fashion sense on mindless blogs and... guides?? Talk about some mad conformity bullshit.

I don't need some dipshit behind a computer screen to tell me what to wear. Some people can rock a band tee and some can't. Same goes with anything.
Quote by deadsmileyface
mfw all the t shirts I own are band shirts

how do you get so out of touch with society and all that is good in the world that this happens?
Quote by Banjocal

have this

It's awesome

I think it's one of two that I own though

This is the other

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 24, 2014,
Anyone know what is up with people wearing band shirts and don't even know about the band?

One time i saw a dude wearing a shirt by Nirvana, and i said. "cool, you like Nirvana too."

The dude said 'what are you talking about?"
Best band shirt ever, IMO

Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by willT08
how do you get so out of touch with society and all that is good in the world that this happens?

banned
Quote by Vermillionpart2
I do have a few non-band shirts, but the majority of the shirts I wear are band shirts, so you're not alone.

aw shit that means I'm just as bad as this doofus

just kidding, my musical taste is far superior
banned
Page 1 of 2