Ok the Seymour Duncan Livewire Dave Mustaine pickups are on the way they are used but got em at a great deal and look like new problem is they are not coming with the pots which in the box are 100k and recommended by SD .They are coming with the stereo jack as well, and I was reading about the pickups having a great highs/ bright sound and I want the full range of what they are supposed to be so, I was reading this from the SD site http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/250k-pots-versus-500k-pots-going-deeper-into-the-subject/ and the 500's from what I have read will do the trick. I am about to order the pots from Seymour Duncan site ( which doesn't offer 100k pots) They are going in the Dean zero AOD2 guitar which has 3 pots (pretty sure it's 1 Vol, 2 Tone) and a 3 way tone selector and factory has passive pickups not actives. Anyone have these already in this same guitar using the 500's vs 100's ? And how's it sound?
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
if you use 500s with actives, it will make your volume/ tones work as basically an on or off switch. It will be all or nothing.

Yup, you're right just call SD and their guy said not to use 250 or 500 k go with the 25k.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
My newest addition,