Anyone done this with success (or failure?!).

They seem to have a good price on an Ibanez G500, but I'm a bit wary of purchasing from abroad.
Thomann is probably one of the best, if not the best, site you'll be able to order from that is across europe. Note that i don't live in the UK, i live in sweden, but i have purchased well over 30 items ranging from instruments to amps to accessories from them, and never have i had a failed order.

The only order that didn't work out for me was when i ordered my Schecter Hellraiser many years back, it came to me with a huge dent in the side. So i took pictured of it and sent it to thomann and they said that they would send me a new one if i sent that one back, so i did, and indeed i got a new guitar with no damages, without additional cost.

Bottomline: Thomann is great. Some of the stuff their is pricier than other places, but much of it is stock price or cheaper than other places. They have good customer support aswell, shouldn't be a problem.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
yea ive ordered to the uk a few times and I've never had any problems whatsoever. delivery was surprisingly quick too.
I've used them, delivery to Australia. They were fine.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I've bought an e-drum kit, a guitar and numerous pedals from them. All arrived to sweden within a few days and were well packaged and in perfect condition. I have no hesitation in ordering from them.
Quote by Pimmy Jage
Anyone done this with success (or failure?!).

They seem to have a good price on an Ibanez G500, but I'm a bit wary of purchasing from abroad.

Aside from agreeing with the other guys that buying from Thomann from the UK is easy & reliable, it's worth noting that while being wary of purchasing from overseas is understandable, Thomann are based in Germany which is within the EU.

It's all about the import taxes. If you purchase from within the EU, there is no import tax so the price you pay at checkout while ordering is the final amount you'll pay.

If you were to purchase something from America or elsewhere, it is usually added on arrival in the UK, and that means you don't know how much you'll really pay until the courier charges you the tax. You think you've had a bargain at the checkout when you order it, but then once you pay the taxes which are rarely specified upfront you realise it's cost more than paying UK prices.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Well, I think I'm going to go for it. Thanks for the confidence-boosting replies, everyone.

I live in Denmark, so my experience might be biased since the orders do not have to go overseas. However, I can definitely recommend Thomann. I've tried ordering from other places in the UK and elsewhere, and the service could NEVER match the one at Thomann.
I've had a struggle getting some money returned from Andertons.co.uk and now they've stopped answering my mails. With Thomann, they are the ones contacting me if I'm busy and forget to reply in time.
They are also more than willing to pay for the shipment if something is broken, and you've got to send it back. Just send them an email and explain the situation.
Thomann is pretty good, yeah. I've bought from them a bunch of times.

It's worth pointing out that if you merely don't like the thing, you'll probably have to pay return postage (which is likely to be prohibitively expensive). But if there's something wrong with it (i.e. faulty) Thomann should cover return postage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, I've made the order now, so am looking forward to receiving the goodies!
Another swede with nothing but the best too say about Thomanns......if there are any issues it will not be because of thomann but something within the UK......and then thomann will make sure to fix it so your a Happy customer!!
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Thomann are awesome. They also do VERY cheap guitar strings, Harley Benton Value if I remember correctly, they're not the best strings in the world (for obvious reasons lol) but they're about 70p per set. You'll need to change them after a week or two but at that ridiculous price it really isn't a problem.
Well, it's arrived! Fantastic is all I can say - super quick delivery, everything there, and superbly packed.

Can't say more than that.

EXCEPT>>> I bought a Boss tuner for this, as I reckoned I'd need one sooner or later. Anyway, got my head around this, and figured that the first thing I needed to do was indeed to tune the guitar - I've done that (I think!).

I'd better start playing around with it I suppose. The guitar, that is.