Could somebody recommend two or three good modern rock or metal bands? Right now I listen to Linkin Park and Avenged Sevenfold and like both equally. The reason I don't want an old-school band is because I want one that will continue to release albums in the future and will remain active for a long while (actually I love Iron Maiden and AC/DC). I am a Christian and I will not listen to anti-Christ, anti-religion or Satanic bands and please don't bother trying to convince me otherwise or posting some atheist comment. Thanks, fellow metal-heads!
Quote by josonmj
Could somebody recommend two or three good modern rock or metal bands? Right now I listen to Linkin Park and Avenged Sevenfold and like both equally. The reason I don't want an old-school band is because I want one that will continue to release albums in the future and will remain active for a long while (actually I love Iron Maiden and AC/DC). I am a Christian and I will not listen to anti-Christ, anti-religion or Satanic bands and please don't bother trying to convince me otherwise or posting some atheist comment. Thanks, fellow metal-heads!

If you like Christian stuff, check out For Today. Some of their songs have that sort of overtone to them. Also Norma Jean are a great band with christian members.
I'm gonna recommend all metal.
Mercyful Fate, Venom (not actually Satanists), Slayer (not actually Satanists), Burzum, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Emperor, Enslaved, Watain, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer, Triptykon, Ghost.
OK jokes aside.

You've made it harder with you stipulations regarding religion, especially regarding metal.

As for bands still releasing new stuff regularly
Mastodon, Opeth, Vektor, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Epica, Megadeth (you might not want to listen to the first two albums since dave used to be a satanist), Deftones, Tool, Pelican (instrumental, so they definitely won't be saying anything anti-religious anytime soon), Down, Orphaned Land.

I probably forgot a bunch.

Here are some good metal albums with Christian themes

Christian Black metal or "Unblack Metal", pretty interesting stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVHeHRkIZd8

Christian Doom Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U9ZkIsCdLg

Christian Glam Metal (and probably the most famous Christian metal album ever)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHWemvrAC5w

Christian Nu Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJ30iZdnxc

Although I don't listen to Metalcore I know that August Burns Red, Devil Wears Prada and Underoath are Christian bands, and since you like A7X you'll probably like them. Flyleaf too, although who knows how good they are going to be now that Lacey left.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Whoa whoa whoa sorry guys. I never asked for Christian metal, just for bands that aren't anti-Christ. Thanks everybody for all your recommendations but I think Mastodon is enough to fill my plate right now. They sound great and are going to release an album soon (according to the wiki page atleast) but thank you all for all your recommendations and I have a feeling I'm going to keep coming back to this page. BTW Kernel you made my day by recommending Gorgoroth thanks XD LOL
Quote by josonmj
Whoa whoa whoa sorry guys. I never asked for Christian metal, just for bands that aren't anti-Christ. Thanks everybody for all your recommendations but I think Mastodon is enough to fill my plate right now. They sound great and are going to release an album soon (according to the wiki page atleast) but thank you all for all your recommendations and I have a feeling I'm going to keep coming back to this page. BTW Kernel you made my day by recommending Gorgoroth thanks XD LOL

While alot of metal might be atheist, very litlle is very anti christ. I noted your concerns in my recommendations though. For Today's newest album has a few christian songs (search for paraiah) it is largely about fighting human trafficking. Norma Jean's newest material is christian at all, but by no means anti religious. The members are christian, so I knew it wouldn't touch a nerve with your views.
Quote by auzzietaco
While alot of metal might be atheist, very litlle is very anti christ. I noted your concerns in my recommendations though. For Today's newest album has a few christian songs (search for paraiah) it is largely about fighting human trafficking. Norma Jean's newest material is christian at all, but by no means anti religious. The members are christian, so I knew it wouldn't touch a nerve with your views.
The bands that do discuss anti-christian views might surprise you too: extreme metal bands like Opeth or Cynic aren't anti-christian but I hope you don't listen to Muse because they have some anti-christian songs...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
The bands that do discuss anti-christian views might surprise you too: extreme metal bands like Opeth or Cynic aren't anti-christian but I hope you don't listen to Muse because they have some anti-christian songs...

I'm not a fan of muse, so not too applicable, and aren't a religious person. Was just trying to help out the person who made the thread.
Quote by auzzietaco
I'm not a fan of muse, so not too applicable, and aren't a religious person. Was just trying to help out the person who made the thread.
That's cool, I was just trying to illustrate the fact that even most of the more 'evil' sounding metal (i.e. black metal etc...) isn't atheistic or Satanic. I listen to mostly metal and the only band that comes to mind that fits either of those titles isn't even a metal band!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
That's cool, I was just trying to illustrate the fact that even most of the more 'evil' sounding metal (i.e. black metal etc...) isn't atheistic or Satanic. I listen to mostly metal and the only band that comes to mind that fits either of those titles isn't even a metal band!

The most atheistic metal I can think of is something like Infant Annihilator. Their only album is about church atrocities, from a first person perspective. Maybe The Cleansing from Suicide Silence, but apparently that's not metal.