Does anyone know where I can get a good reliable, and Powerful amp for about $100. It doesn't have to be an all tube amp or whatever. SS is okay.
Roland cube?

What do you play mostly?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Craiglist + pick anything with most power. At this price, the amp you pick dosen't really matter.
Quote by BCRichSOBA7X
I'm looking to play metal.
And I need at least 120 for around $100

120 what?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
There a reason you need so much output? If it's for volume, you may find that you don't necessarily need that much output to be loud. Regardless, for $100 you probably will be limited to cheap solid state, so the extra output may be necessary to be heard.

I'd recommend as big a Peavey Vypyr as you can find. The 75W might be giggable, I don't know for certain though.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I think you'd struggle to get anything 120w for $100, let alone anything good.

Is there any reason you cant save the money and buy something better later down the line. Do you need that much power?

What amp do you have at the minute?
Quote by LivinJoke84
I think you'd struggle to get anything 120w for $100, let alone anything good.

Is there any reason you cant save the money and buy something better later down the line. Do you need that much power?

What amp do you have at the minute?

Well if I had to save it'd take me ages because I'm a student with no job (Blame my parents). So I'd be relying on Birthdays, Christmas, and Shoveling Driveways. I have a Crate Gx-15 at 30 watts that gets pretty loud but the tone just drains out when I crank it at practice. maybe I should just go 75.
Quote by The Locust
Why are you blaming your parents for not having a job>?!?!

About to ask the same question.

And if shovelling driveways for a month is what its gonna take to get a huge difference in tone then i think its worth it. Ask yourself how much you really want a new amp.

I think spending $100 on an amp is going to be nothing more than a sideways step, rather than an improvement so therefore money down the drain. Extra watts dont make an amp sound better. An amp for that price is probably gonna sound just as shit but louder.

Unless you have a gig coming up or something and suddently NEED a much louder amp i would just save my money until i could afford something worth buying. Anything in that price range is just gonna be a false economy
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Feb 25, 2014,
^ up for that, good sounding and big cheap amps aren't really common, plus any amp will sound better when bought with money you earned yourself :P
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by The Locust
Why are you blaming your parents for not having a job>?!?!

Because they won't allow me to get one. And I would be fine with shoveling driveways, but there's no snow to shovel.
Find an old Peavey Bandit on ebay or craigslist.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by BCRichSOBA7X
Because they won't allow me to get one. And I would be fine with shoveling driveways, but there's no snow to shovel.

Why? That makes no sense. Parents are always moaning at teenages to get a job.

If theres no snow then get a bucket and go washing cars on your street. Sell some old shit you have lying around. Save your allowance. Mow lawns. Babysit. Go busking. Suck off some sailors down at the docks. Theres tonnes of ways to make a bit of extra cash. Theres no reason you cant have an extra $300 (probably more) in your pocket in the next 3-6 months if you work your bollocks off and save like crazy

Failing all of the above then i would honesty wait and save up yout Christmas and Birthday money over the next year or so and buy something half decent next year. Otherwise you'll still be in the same position youre in now in 2015 but you'll just have a louder amp.

A year isnt a long time in the grand scheme of things
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Feb 26, 2014,
Quote by LivinJoke84
Why? That makes no sense. Parents are always moaning at teenages to get a job.

If theres no snow then get a bucket and go washing cars on your street. Sell some old shit you have lying around. Save your allowance. Mow lawns. Babysit. Go busking. Suck off some sailors down at the docks. Theres tonnes of ways to make a bit of extra cash. Theres no reason you cant have an extra $300 (probably more) in your pocket in the next 3-6 months if you work your bollocks off and save like crazy

Failing all of the above then i would honesty wait and save up yout Christmas and Birthday money over the next year or so and buy something half decent next year. Otherwise you'll still be in the same position youre in now in 2015 but you'll just have a louder amp.

A year isnt a long time in the grand scheme of things

They said something about grades. I think I'll pass on sucking off the sailors lol. Washing cars and babysitting sounds practical.
There's a ton of studies showing that playing an instrument improves your grades.

And since you need money to play music, you need a job. Just a thought if you want to argue a little bit with them. You don't need a shitload of money, just enough to buy basic stuff.

Google how music improves grades and show them all the results.