I'm looking for a replacement power supply for my Yamaha THR10 amp (lost it recently in a move and have been spending a fortune on AA batteries ever since).

I contacted Yamaha and they want ~$100 for a replacement power supply (!) Has anyone had any success using a generic power supply with a THR10, or am I stuck buying one from Yamaha? If generics work, is there anything in particular I should look for when buying one? An Amazon link would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
I dare say you can use a generic one but you need to be sure that the polarity is the same and the voltage is the same. far as i'm aware. and you probably don't want a supercheap unregulated one, either.

as far as i'm aware (i.e. don't quote me on that, do it at your own risk).

$100 sounds like a rip, quite frankly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Anybody know of one specifically that will work? I *really* don't want to spend $100 on a genuine Yamaha power supply!
Quote by WayneGretschsky
Anybody know of one specifically that will work? I *really* don't want to spend $100 on a genuine Yamaha power supply!

Older toshiba laptop power supplies are 15volts a d quality circuitry as you would expect from a branded laptop company. the o ly thing is that you would need to get the correct dc plug to fit the yamaha. I got one for mine but struggled to get a quality dc plug ..The one I bought from Maplin wasnt great but did work.I got it from ebay for about £10.00.....
According to Yamaha's website, it comes with either: EADP-38EB A adapter or UIB345-1530 adapter. You might try a search for those.

Apparently the UIB345 power supply is a rebranded one of these:
http://www.unifive-us.com/products/45w-series-desktop-1

So you're looking at 15 volts and up to 3 amps for output (more detailed specs in the PDF on that page). Anything that fits the plug and provides that voltage and at least 3 amps (more is fine, amp will only pull what it needs) should be functional. YES, check the polarity. But $100 for an adapter is absurd.
Last edited by black_box at Jan 31, 2016,