Page 1 of 2
Is there a thread for this band? I could have sworn there was a thread but searched and found nothing.

Aura is great, so is Roman Acupuncture even if it doesn't have the same sound, but it's not too distant from the sound of Aura really.

but then there is...

SOMA

Our second EP 'Soma' is currently receiving an audial and visual pampering through the gifted hands of Temple Of Sol and BNB respectively. We are very pleased with what is intended to be the conceptual conclusion in a celebration of dualism.
'Soma' consists of two odes to the goddess Luna, set amidst a thematic backdrop of war and the surrender of the fleshly temple. The tonal and conceptual qualities will contrast the themes of spiritual birth and phallic solar worship offered on 'Aura', ultimately perpetuating the cyclical struggle of energies.
We anticipate her release through the portal of Invictus Productions for late March MMXIV.

To any persons hitherto unaware, confused or curious as to the significance of our forthcoming second EP 'Soma', a short notice of clarification:
This 3-Track release is intended to compliment it's predecessor 'Aura' in theme and appearance. The 'spirit'/'body' concept sets a dualistic platform for a cyclic life/death introspective, revolving around war, waged in both the physical and metaphysical spheres.
'Soma' is expecting release early 2014 through the mighty Invictus Productions.

From the horse's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD90WN5UwzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvkoqNrHFdw
I used to like Bölzer, but then I read what the ANUS had to say about Aura:
Like Oranssi Pazuzu, Bölzer experiment in disorganized slowed black/death/heavy metal with mixed-in weirdo alternative rock. Weirdo alternative rock has existed since early rock bands made a name for themselves by being odd. The problem is that it doesn’t connect to form an impression, only a sense of instrumentalism.

Just kidding, I can't fucking wait for that new EP. These guys are a perfect example of how to put melody in death metal.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

The demo and EP are fukking god tier. I've seen all sorts of metal fans come together to appreciate what Bolzer have done. These guys are the real deal, can't wait for new material.
Damn I was waiting for a thread on them to show up.

Easily one of my favorite bands right now. Just insane stuff, seriously.
I like Bolzer so much that I bought Aura on cassette.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I still need to pick up a copy of Aura. And Soma's gonna destroy my brain so I gotta get that as well.
The release of 'Soma' will unfortunately be delayed by a number of weeks. But fret not, have our assurances that she will sound and look that much better.
An upload of the first song 'Steppes' will also be made for you as soon as we receive the final master.
Godspeed!!!

Disappointing, but my anticipation remains unwavering.
New Teitan Blood, Bölzer, Dead Congregation rumors... Fukk yes.

So Bölzer plays riffs that make me cream my pants. There is a wonderful exploratory feeling to them and they force themselves forward without the conventional Metal "aggression." It is more so a feeling of release. Most Death Metal suffocates; Bölzer exhales. It stands on a hillside of cyclopean landscapes and challenges the ancient starlit nightsky.

And you are cursed to dance for the Wolfshook. What the fukk is a Wolfshook you may ask yourself. What ever it is, you'll be dancing for it.

I am eagerly awaiting to see if they can make a full length that is just as exploratory and wonderfully refreshing. This release will be on Misery's Omen - Hope Dies levels of refreshing if they do.

I love how Aura does not have much sense of Death Metal maliciousness to it, but still brings absolute power to the forefront of the sound.

"Godspeed" applies so well to Bölzers sound.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Dead Congregation rumors...
Rumors? It's going to be monolithic.

Soma can't arrive too soon. I wish there was a t-shirt with the Aura design on it.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Kepulix
Rumors? It's going to be monolithic.

Perhaps rumors was not the best choice of words. Maybe whispers...

Dead Congregation takes the true spirit of old to a god damn whole new monolithic level. I am looking forward to the universe of total death that their new album is bound to be.

Quote by Kepulix
Soma can't arrive too soon. I wish there was a t-shirt with the Aura design on it.

I picked up the Vault of Dried Bones copy myself. It was appropriately mythic.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Why can't all threads on this site be bumped with such a quality string of posts like this? Killer descriptions of Bolzer's sound and great news about the upcoming ep.

Anyone seen those dark green 'zeus' shirts they put out? Unreal looking.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Yeah I bought it. It's sitting at my house a few hours away where I have no access to it which in hindsight was a terrible decision.
I own the dark green Zeus shirt myself. I need a Bölzer patch for fukks sake.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Prolly will pick up the black one.

Most of my Metal shirts wardrobe is black. I pick up other color options when ever possible.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Stranglehold
Why can't all threads on this site be bumped with such a quality string of posts like this? Killer descriptions of Bolzer's sound and great news about the upcoming ep.

Anyone seen those dark green 'zeus' shirts they put out? Unreal looking.

The green ones are sick! But I guess not many bands excite people as much as Bolzer does.
Bolzer are just a really unique band while still being absolutely true to their roots. They'd be a great band even if they weren't so unique, but I think what's exciting is to see a band do something different without making shitty indie-tier twinkly garbage. VG said it better though.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Most of my Metal shirts wardrobe is black. I pick up other color options when ever possible.

I actually don't have many band shirts, I just prefer black t shirts to green.

If I had an assload of band t shirts I'd probably get the green.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Apr 10, 2014,
Quote by VampireGoldfish
New Teitan Blood, Bölzer, Dead Congregation rumors... Fukk yes.

So Bölzer plays riffs that make me cream my pants. There is a wonderful exploratory feeling to them and they force themselves forward without the conventional Metal "aggression." It is more so a feeling of release. Most Death Metal suffocates; Bölzer exhales. It stands on a hillside of cyclopean landscapes and challenges the ancient starlit nightsky.

And you are cursed to dance for the Wolfshook. What the fukk is a Wolfshook you may ask yourself. What ever it is, you'll be dancing for it.

I am eagerly awaiting to see if they can make a full length that is just as exploratory and wonderfully refreshing. This release will be on Misery's Omen - Hope Dies levels of refreshing if they do.

I love how Aura does not have much sense of Death Metal maliciousness to it, but still brings absolute power to the forefront of the sound.

"Godspeed" applies so well to Bölzers sound.

I described Bölzer to a friend of mine as black/death metal made by the Greek gods (fitting, considering the imagery they use). There's an ancient sort of majesty to their riffs that I've never heard before in a band; it's regal without being aristocratic and flowery, dark and forboding without being crushing or stereotypically evil.

Also, thank you for reminding me about Misery's Omen. Haven't listened to that album in ages.

And I totally just ordered one of those green Zeus shirts. It'll be my third band shirt with that color combination.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Apr 10, 2014,
Quote by Scourge441

Also, thank you for reminding me about Misery's Omen. Haven't listened to that album in ages.

Hope Dies is so unbelievably good that I get the shivers just thinking about the seafoamed aquamarine colors that are conjured by that albums subterranean exploration. And talk about dynamic, an album with both And The Stars Bled and Fiendish Ghoul! Agh! Fukk I'm going to spin this album just thinking about it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
The song has that similar feel of Aura, so no harm there. I'm definitely not hating it but I prefer Aura over this so far.

That being said, I've listened to Aura a lot and this I haven't. It'll grow.
I'm not digging the spoken word vocals, and the riff that plays during it goes on a little too long, but before and after that is pretty good.
Yea the tone is amazing I wonder what gear they use

Sev I think I prefer Aura also, but I guess it really depends how it fits into the whole.
Overall yeah I do like Aura more, but I'd say this is on par with Roman Acupuncture.

I don't mind the spoken word passage, but what I didn't like very much was the transition from the riff into the spoken word part. That was just kind of annoying.

Tone is top notch, though
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Apr 19, 2014,
I'm not worried I bet it's not even close to the best track they wouldn't release the best one right now.
I'm not sure where I'd place it in comparison to Aura after only one listen, but it's a fantastic song and it's got everything I love about this band.

If this EP isn't in my top 10 for the year, I'll be stunned.
I'm seeing them in June with Mystifier, Cruciamentum, Spearhead and Zom. Christ, that's going to be good.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
The first half is pretty much the same riff as from Aura, but I don't really give a ****. It's Bölzer.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Bolzer has fvcking fantastic artwork. Definitely looking forward to this release.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
So they were dull as shit live
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
How so? I've seen live footage I thought it would have been a good show. Personally though I could give a shit about everything else as long as the music is played well and sounds good. On that note though sometimes shit sound can be attributed to the venues sound man and not directly the bands fault.
Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J at Jun 17, 2014,
Page 1 of 2