They are pretty cool. Best tuner for the money from what I've used. Happy new tuner day!
Agreed! If you don’t have one pick one up the next time someone has a $9 sale. I might buy the pedal for fast tuning the low strings on my five-string bass.
Yeah, they're cool, but fragile as all hell, I had one and the little stem thingy snapped really quick.
they are handy , so handy I got two ..... never broke one though , but I did already have to replace the battery on one
I snagged one of the $3 Reverb Clip-on tuners a month or two ago. Awesome idea, and mine is faster to recognize pitches than the Snark ones I've messed with. It doesn't do well with a 4-string bass though
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Clip ons are friggin useless on stage (I've got a Korg one). I found that bass players always make a noise when the guitarist is tuning (I'm convinced it's a compulsion that goes with wanting to play a bass ) and then all the tuner picks up is the bass. They're ok at home but in a band - forget about it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Flux'D
It doesn't do well with a 4-string bass though

Low notes are really what makes me love the Snark. It takes a few seconds, but it manages to read the low B notes on my baritone and my bass that gives other tuners a lot of trouble.
Quote by Cathbard
Clip ons are friggin useless on stage (I've got a Korg one). I found that bass players always make a noise when the guitarist is tuning (I'm convinced it's a compulsion that goes with wanting to play a bass ) and then all the tuner picks up is the bass. They're ok at home but in a band - forget about it.

The Snark's have a switch to tune by sensing the vibration of the string reverberating on the body, handy for the aforementioned bass situation.
My bass player uses an 800W Markbass into a 6x10 - it makes the entire guitar reverberate. Hell, it will make the tuner itself shake. It will even give a pedal tuner (I use a pitchblack) a hard time. Of course, not as bad as a clip on though
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Haha yea, I can imagine what would happen if you tried to use it live. It would either take 5 mins, or you would be going into the next song completely worried about your tuning (actually probably both). Theyre great for tuning up an acoustic around a camp fire and belting it out.
Yeah, that's what I use my clip on for, well, I haven't actually been camping for a long time. They're a good thing in a fairly quiet environment. I use it at home all the time.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

+1 ithe snark is nice, however if the house is quiet i just use my phone. its always near. metronome is nice too.= from the phone.

i need a new pedal tuner. some piece of shit stole mine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/